Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Width of Doorways

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Sumi, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Sumi

Sumi Guest

Hi - does anyone know if the doorways are wider in the suites on RCCL (Voyager)? My hubby is in a wheelchair and we wanted to try to upgrade to a larger cabin since our 16 year old son will be cruising with us. We need a 28" clearance. Thanks much!

2. clarkie138

clarkie138 Guest

I'm not sure about this but this is something I would tell the cruise lines. I'm sure they will be happy to accomodate you. From what I remember on previous cruises, the doorways weren't all that wide but I'm sure they have wheelchair accessable cabins.

3. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Sumi - from what I have seen on any ship I have been on, the doors to the suites are a "little" bigger than the ones to regular cabins, but no where near wide enough to accomodate a wheelchair, imho.

4. tgrove

tgrove Guest

Let them know when you book, but I read somewhere that RCCL is one of the better lines for wheelchair bound passengers. I know that they have a number of handicapped rooms available. And, on our last cruise, there were a number of folks in wheelchairs, and they seem to be getting around very well.

Happy cruising!