• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Carnival build smaller ships?

J

jester95008

Wow Jenny , you must really like the monarch if you're going on her again... I am really looking forward to this .. The days are dragging by now that the Christmas holiday'/s passed by.

As far as the sizes of the ships , I did notice a huge difference between the Destiny to the Jubilee , but if you compare the Jubilee to the Ecstasy , there wasn't much difference in size which is a good thing

L

lizardstew

Yep, I love her and she's convenient for those of us in Phoenix. I'm excited for my DB to check her out too!

J

jester95008

not sure what you mean by DB , but yes , my buddy and I are both excited about seeing the monarch too if that's what you ment .

J

jester95008

because none of us really want to hear about what you're boyfriend is like , we just want to know about the cruises you go on.

Hey Melissa , are you reading this ? Lets hear your opinion...

L

lizardstew

Give me a break. I wasn't giving you an inventory of his personality traits or anything. I actually said that "I" was excited for him to see the ship. So, this isn't even about him at all, and I certainly wasn't trying to give you any unsolicited information about him....except that "I" am excited for him to see the ship. Given all of your past questions to me about the ship, I'd assume you're interested in my opinion, so I don't see what you're getting so bent about.

G

Giles612

After just getting back from the Glory I have to say that Bigger is not necessarly better, but it isn't worse either. We had an awesome time, but now I wouldn't hesitate booking another cruise on a Fantasy class ship. I feel that we would have had an equally good time on the smaller as we did the larger. Namely because I feel that the only reason the ship is bigger was so that they could fit more staterooms on there, because it seemed that somethings were actually smaller on the Glory than what I remember on the Paradise or Sensation.

J

jester95008

giles ,

I noticed that same deal too... Bigger isn't necessarily better... did you notice how the employees rushed around a little more and don't have time to better serve you then the fantasy class? I sure did.. then again , these new ships that they are building that are over 100,000 tons sure are beautiful inside and out!

G

Giles612

Yeah, the ship was gorgeous, but I did notice that the service was lacking, but I never got the impression that it was lacking due to a lack of effort on part of the crew I just think that the ratio from crew to passenger was a bit stretched. I do want to try another cruise line next time, most likely Royal Caribbean, just to exeriance the differance in companies and differance in the ship layout. Carnival has one designer from what I understand and even though the ships have differant themes there are commonalities among all of them from what I have seen and I want to try something differant next time.

S

SoCalCruiseguy

Well I'd like to travel on the old White Star Lines and sail under steam propulsion too!:) I think it all adds up to the mindset. If we are intent on having fun, we will regardless (of xxxxx insert issue here). Even laugh about all of the things that didn't go well or we thought a little better whether its on a big ship or small. Poor service events and inpersonal staff events are NOT confined to large ships. Anyone who thinks so just might have them rose colored glasses on. Still, as has been mentioned before, the trend is definitely towards larger vessels and even now there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people who rush to book on the newest and largest of these ships despite often doing so knowingly at a higher cost.

Larger ships means "the possibility" of adding more features and creature (cruise passenger:) ) comforts. Whether or not or to what extent the cruise companies build on this is at best, a work in progress. Competition will keep them from converting everything to staterooms. It might not mean a lot to some cruisers but look at all of the upgrades not present in yesteryear like the plethora of balcony cabins, huge gyms, sauna's, faster more stable ships.

What I think we need to keep in mind is that as much as flying on planes was once something super special and out of reach to most, now cruising which was once that way has also reached mass appeal. I think if you want personalized pampered service you better book on the super premium cruise lines! Because you are not going to pay $300-$1200 for an all inclusive week (in this day and age of routine $200-$300+ per night hotel rates) and expect the staff to be falling all over themselves when any of us are individually having a sensitive moment on our vacation. Now that we got that out of our system, lets go on a cruise and have some fun!

George