Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Will I be cold in restaurants?

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by stufus, Jul 2, 2004.

1. stufus

stufus Guest

How cool will it be in the restaurants.Will i need a wrap? My experience in the states was that you americans are only happy when frost is forming on top of your drinks. So can I expect the air con to be full blast?

2. Speechless

Speechless Guest

So cold, you'll want to consider an electric nipple warmer.

And that's just the guys.....

3. kadao

kadao Guest

It is definatly cold in the restaurants! [​IMG]

4. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

I get cool in the theaters..and occas,depending on the fabric on my evening wear in the Dining Room at night..:)..Joanne

5. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

I think it depends on which ship you're considering. The Coral was known for being downright hot in the dining room. We experienced this on a couple nights, but the rest of the cruise, it was comfortable, which being a relative term, to me means about 73 degrees.

I was never cold on the Grand in any of the restaurants, but having a 'fresh' tan, it made me warm all the time, everywhere. =dunno

6. Raven

Raven Guest

I think you can be just about guaranteed that you will experience cold restaurants, but much depends on your own tolerance level to cool air. I was fine on the Coral Princess (mentioned by Lady Jag above) with a few exceptions but my wife froze to death daily in the dining room. It's been the rare dinner on board any ship when she hasn't needed a wrap. Even though she's a native of the frozen tundra I swear she was kidnapped from Hawaii.

Try to watch for where the air conditioning vents are located in the dining room and, if your table is directly under one, ask for a different location and tell them why. We're going to try that next time.

7. Gwen

Gwen Guest

I'm sorry to say, but you will definitely be cold in the diningroom, some lounges and hallways.
    On my last cruise people even whore coats in the buffet restaurant!
    I'm not an American so i'm not used to the enormous ice mountains in my soft drinks. So I always ordered a softdrink with NO ice, it's still cold (and tasts more like an softdrink.....)

8. stufus

stufus Guest

Must remember to pack the thermals. I hate to be cold.

9. bob barrows

bob barrows Guest

10. fwcruiser

fwcruiser Guest

On Caribbean Princess last month, the dining rooms were in general a "normal" temperature, but it depended if you sat under a vent or not. So I'd bring a sweater or wrap or something to keep warm. Sabbatini's was perfect temperature, as was Horizon and Cafe Caribe. The theater and all the lounges were fine, too...and I normally get cold pretty quickly. Our cabin was cold, though, and we couldn't get the thermostat adjusted very well. So I just went outside on the balcony to get warm. (I've been on other ships where people wore coats--really thick coats!!--in the theaters--on a Panama Canal cruise out of San Francisco, so some people actually had warm coats with them.)

11. fwcruiser

fwcruiser Guest

On Caribbean Princess last month, the dining rooms were in general a "normal" temperature, but it depended if you sat under a vent or not. So I'd bring a sweater or wrap or something to keep warm. Sabbatini's was perfect temperature, as was Horizon and Cafe Caribe. The theater and all the lounges were fine, too...and I normally get cold pretty quickly. Our cabin was cold, though, and we couldn't get the thermostat adjusted very well. So I just went outside on the balcony to get warm. (I've been on other ships where people wore coats--really thick coats!!--in the theaters--on a Panama Canal cruise out of San Francisco, so some people actually had warm coats with them.)

12. sailboat

sailboat Guest

Yep. You'll be cold for several reasons. Your sun-warmed skin will be more sensitive to the cooler temps on board; the ship has to keep the temp "even" to allow for the effect of body heat of a few thousand people; most folks experience a lowering of body temp after eating; and we Americans do like a lot of ice in our drinks or at the very least drinks that are cold! (I eventually got used to warm beer in England, but it took quite a bit of "practice ":)

I bought a Pashmina scarf (big enough to act as a shawl) on an earlier cruise and it's been my constant companion for evenings on board ever since.

13. Lizaluu

Lizaluu Guest

Last time I was on a cruise and all the carribean ports were super hot and humid but the ship was kept ice cold everywhere. I would wear a black long warm cozy sweater everywhere when on the ship.
    A lady said to me that she used to laugh everytime she would see me with my black sweater on until she started to get cold herself in the restaurant.
    I have decided to take a WHITE warm sweater on my next cruise so I don't stand out wearing black during my next cruise to the Mexican RIve which has very hot ports. I carry a sweater everywhere even if I don't use it just in case. I am a Californian where the weather is mostly just right for me but most places are super air conditioned including the grocery stores.

14. marye

marye Guest

Each ship is a little different, and the venues can vary in temp. as well. I always bring a sweater it doesn't take much room and ensures my comfort. It I get cold my room is not far away, and I can then enjoy myself. If you don't brinig a sweater or wrap, you';ll end up suffering or buying one that is overpriced or not to your liking.

15. DoctorB

DoctorB Guest

On the Sun Princess the dining rooms were at a normal temp. Seems to be about the only thing they did right on our cruise!

16. stufus

stufus Guest

Hi all. I'm fresh back from the Golden. Just to let yu all know it was absolutely FREEZING in the restaurants. But they were warm compared to the the princess theatre and the Vista lounge. Many a pretty gown was covered by partners jackets. Luckily I took lots of pretty wraps and used them all. Thanks for all the info.