Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

will magnets work on the doors?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by dusty, Dec 5, 2004.

1. dusty

dusty Guest

i will be on the carnival spirit. do magnets work for a door decoration or should i take some scotch tape. dont want to use anything to harm the door. thanks

2. tutak

tutak Guest

I believe that the doors are aluminun and therefore the magnets would not work. However, I am often wrong. I thought that the Browns would have a good team this year as an example.

3. dusty

dusty Guest

thanks tutak

i found a great decoration for the door and will put it up with tape instead.. sorry about the browns. i hope you have a winner next season.

4. Actually all of the doors that we have seen on Carnival are metal and magnets will work!

Case in point.........
    [​IMG]
    We decorate our doors with custom pinbacks, keychains and magnets for other cruisers to take and enjoy.

Tape does't seem to work very well, but there is a putty like substance that does!
    (don't remember the name of it)

Jeff & Susana

5. jleq1

jleq1 Guest

They wouldn't work on the Conquest (10/31/04).

6. dusty

dusty Guest

susana

wow, what a great door!! and thanks for letting me know that the magnets will work. it would be hard to beat yours though.

7. bigbobt

bigbobt Guest

Why would anyone in their right mind want to decorate a door to a cabin? Isn't there better things to do on a cruise?

8. dusty

dusty Guest

bigbobt

to each his own.

some of us like to keep the spirit of the fun of the cruise going even when we go back to the cabin. or like susan make sure that others in the group can locate us. it is just one more fun thing to do for the cruise.

please let us know what you do on your cruise that we might think is a waste of time.

9. In this world there are many different kinds of people.

There are those that see a glass as half full.
    There are those that see it as half empty.

We see the glass as a work in progress!

There are those kind of people that ask "Why".

We simply say "Why not?"

I never ask "why" people do things.................but I do often wonder why we didn't try it first!

As for "their right mind" I'm relatively positive that we use both right and left parts of our minds equally.

Not sure which we were functioning on at that moment of time, but you could be "right"............ ;)

Jeff & Susana

10. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

Well said Jeff and Susana Ive noticed the above poster never has anything nice to say. You always seem to put things in the most eliquent ways :)

Are you missing JAcque yet??

11. eve

eve Guest

What a fun idea! We'll be sailing on my daughters 4th Birthday, so I could hang a sign on her door! How fun! She'll love it! Thanks for the idea! :)

12. dusty

dusty Guest

mlzangle78

susana is a good supportert for us here isnt she. she is much more tacktful than in am.

and yes, i have noticed a larger amount of ''negative '' reply's lately. are some people here bitten by the '' nasty grinch syndrom '' this month? thanks for your post also.

and eve. yes do decorate your door. i go to my local discount card outlet and get great things very cheaply to put on the door, it is fun too do it and your daughter will love it for her birthday. have a great time picking a theme. ( smile ). dusty

13. bigbobt

bigbobt Guest

I didn't know it was "The thing to do" . I guess next time I spend the night a Motel 6, I will have to stop and get decorations for the door first.

14. canner

canner Guest

bigbobt Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > I didn't know it was "The thing to do" . I guess
    > next time I spend the night a Motel 6, I will have
    > to stop and get decorations for the door first.

Sure why not ... I have even seen persons that stay at the Conrad hotel decorate their door so am sure that Motel 6 will not have a problem if you do ...

There are several people like yourself, bigbobt, that think decorating the door is silly or useless ... but for others it adds pleasure to their vacation adventure ... it is also a help to those persons that may have been enjoying themselves a bit to much or for other reasons need some visual aid to locate their cabin ...

15. tutak

tutak Guest

canner Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    . it is also a help to those
    > persons that may have been enjoying themselves a
    > bit to much or for other reasons need some visual
    > aid to locate their cabin .

It is more fun to just barge into the wrong cabin

16. chrisfitz624

chrisfitz624 Guest

You can purchase magnetic dry erase boards at any Staples, Office Max, etc. store. They
    work great on the door and we always leave dry erase pens attached to it, so when people
    go by the room they always leave messages............its a lot of fun reading them, than we
    usually take a close up picture of the board and messages, erase it and it starts all over \
    again. Leaving for out next cruise on the 26th and can't wait

17. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Bigbot......wow........you must be the life of the party. How we all wish we could go with you on a cruise to enjoy your upbeat personality. LOL.

18. dusty

dusty Guest

i say we join him at the motel 6 and help him decorate the dooor hahahaha.

19. lovelyrita

lovelyrita Guest

I just heard from my travel agent that Carnival does not let you decorate the doors anymore. They have been having to many complaints from the crew who spend to much time after the guest leave trying to scrap off tape and debrise. Some people have actually used different types of glue and adhesives that do not come off and the doors have to be replaced or refinished. I think this rule also applies to Princess.

20. dusty

dusty Guest

thanks lovelyrita for the heads up.

i