Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Wine in the DR

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by ~Fianna, Jun 1, 2004.

1. ~Fianna

~Fianna Guest

How big is the onboard wine list. The only list of wines I've been able to find on Carnival's site is the list in the bon voyage shopping section. Is that the same as the list available at sea?

How about the prices? We drink wine more than mixed drinks, so I want to know if it's worth bringing wine aboard and paying the corkage or if the markup isn't bad and the selection is good.

We really only drink reds, if that helps any.

TIA, again,
    ~Fi

2. Jamman

Jamman Guest

The wine list is sizeable, as is the mark up!! If you're into fine red wine, best to bring your own and pay the corkage.

3. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

We brought wine with us on the Conquest , and never were asked to pay the corkage fee. Our waiter just opened it and served it. We did tip him a little extra on the last day. I think it might depend on the waiter. I have heard frequently that they did not charge.

4. Same here..we brought about 5 bottles of wine (all in our carry on bags) aboard the ship and took them to dinner every night. We never paid a corkage fee, (but also tipped our waiter well at the end of the cruise).

We'll certianly do that again on our next voyage.

5. palmtre2

palmtre2 Guest

On the Glory they had some very nice chardonays & sauvignons for $20 to 30, we also brought a few bottles of our own and never paid a corkage fee. We did however tip our server prior.

6. Sophie

Sophie Guest

if you're a wine drinker, i would carry my wine on board. we paid $40 for a $20 bottle of wine one evening.....