• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wine onboard Adventure

C

Colleen

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean will permit a passenger to bring 1-2 bottles of wine aboard ship in their carryon handbag for consumption within my stateroom? My friends and I are sailing the Adventure of the Seas this fall. Thanks very much.

C

chuckg0413

From RCCL web site.

Can I bring my own liquor onboard?
We apologize for any inconvenience but due to our regulatory and licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On Board or at ports of call will be stored by us and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your voyage. A member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your purchases. Should you choose to consume alcoholic beverages purchased from the Shops On Board, a $9.50 consumption fee will apply at the time of purchase. Note that no open liquor bottles will be permitted to be brought into dining areas or public areas.

For guests who have a unique request for wine, and Royal Caribbean is unable to accommodate their selection, we will, with prior approval from Royal Caribbean, allow a maximum of two bottles of wine to be brought by the guest or group. A corkage fee in the amount of $12.00 per bottle will be charged. This policy may not apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs, or license requirements but Royal Caribbean will try and accommodate requests. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines imposed or items confiscated by local authorities. Please request prior approval from Royal Caribbean and we will work to honor your request whenever possible.

That being said, people bring all kinds of liquor onboard, lots of people pack it in their checked luggage. Since you have to claim bags now. Carry it on the flight, and pack it after claiming bags. There not gentle with them, but there should be less chance breaking from the airport to the ship, than if you packed them for the whole trip.

Remember to throw in a cork screw, unless, like me, you drink the finer wines with the classy screw caps.

I have found in the past the San Juan based boats are pretty liberal in their interpertation of the companies rules. (assuming your on AOS, southern carib), so I would go for it.

Chuck

J

jdmoon1

Does the consumption charge- if you purchase wine on the ship apply to a single purchase ?

Is that for each bottle you buy?

If you purchase 2 or 3 at one time will it be per bottle or for entire purchase?

T

tlscant

If you purchase it in port it will be delivered to you cabin the last day of the trip. We always bring our own wine, but only consume it in our cabin. In Oct. we took 2 bottle in our carry on and 2 in our checked luggage.

R

RHees

My wife and I just got back from a cruise on the Rhapsody.

We allways pack a bottle of scotch and a bottle of sherry for consumption on our balcony. We wrap it in a towel, and put it in a "float" bag (used in kayaks and canoes to keep you stuff dry) in our checked luggage.

We have never had a problem with breakage or with offical concern, but we don't carry our own drinks around in the public areas.

As for Dinner wine, I just buy it at the table at dinner.

Randy