Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Wine specials on Celebrity

Discussion in 'Celebrity Cruises' started by wwinfl91, Dec 3, 2003.

1. wwinfl91

wwinfl91 Guest

My wife and I are leaving on the Zenith this Sunday and I was wondering if anyone has any information on wine specials that Celebrity offers on 14 day cruises. I know we have been on other cruises where at the start of the cruise you can order a certain number of bottles at a partially reduced prices against buying bottle by bottle.

If anyone knows what kind of wine and what price Celebrity offers and can post here I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Cruising.

2. Spender Nui

Spender Nui Guest

I think you're referring to HAL. Celebrity doesn't do this. (If you check closely you'll find that the packages on hal are not that great a bargain. If you pre-order from the wine list in the afternoon you get A 10% discount. This will get you a cheaper price than the package).......... but this doesn't belong on on the Celebrity Board. The answer to your question is no.

3. wwinfl91

wwinfl91 Guest

Thank you for your response but I would disagree with you as far as it not belonging on the Celebrity board. We are going to be sailing next on the CELEBRITY Zenith not a HAL ship and what I was asking was if Celebrity had a similar deal.

I believe it was perfect correct to post this question on a Celebrity board.

Once again thanks for your answer that Celebrity does not offer a similar offer.

Happy cruising.

4. BP

BP Guest

Celebrity has no such deal. We always pack at least six bottles in a small suit case and pay the corkage fee on Celebrity.

Glad to see some people already in the holiday spirit.

Happy Cruising
    BP

5. mskimberly

mskimberly Guest

What is the cost of the corkage fee?

6. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

Sorry off hand I can't help exactly with the cost. I rrecall it being 8-10$ or so Using IE there is a link on their website that supposedly shows what the corkage is.... but I only get a scrambled page. You might give it a try your self. Might just be my computor.

7. Spender Nui

Spender Nui Guest

wwinfl91 ... you misunderstood me. It wasn't your post I was referring to as being on the wrong board. It was my own HAL comments I was referring to.

8. BP

BP Guest

The corkage fee three weeks ago was $12 in the regular restaurant and $15 in the speciality restaurant. A small price to pay to drink a decent bottle of wine.

9. We just returned from the Contellation. the fee was $12.00 and it was worth it. We did buy bottles a couple of times, but most prices ranged for $20-$35 for wines you could get back home for $5.00 to $7.00 per bottle. Many bottles were much higher than the $30 range. Just my thoughts.

Nita