• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

witch better RCCL or HAL

C

cruiseman123

HI
I am planning on going on the Zuiderdam in Febuary. I have never been on HAL before but have been on Royal Caribbean a lot. I was woundering if anyone could tell me the difference between the two cruise lines. I also have kids traveling with me. Is there enough to do? And I have a cat. S suite and I usaully have B suites on Royal Caribbean witch of the two is nicer? Thank you so much to who ever answers me.
I know you will be a really big help!
thank you again

S

sailingrose

Yep HAL is wonderful but I'm wondering about your kids. Depending upon the time you sail there may be few kids aboard either of the ships but far less on HAL. Nothing worse then bored kids on a cruise!

Call HAL and ask them how many kids are on your sailing. I did a few years ago and they gave me a rough number. We did Christmas and there were less then 150 kids aboard.

C

cruiseman123

thanks so much
I think the kids will have a good time on HAL but I love RCCL so much!
thank you all and bye the way sailingrose the Radiance is great and I know you will have a great time! The staff and ship are amazing
have a good time and thanks to all.
Cruiseman23

D

Deb Mumaw

We tried HAL in Jan, although it was nice, we didn't find the service to be better than RCCL. We experienced much of what the new review of the "Z" is explaining. Also, we were on the Maasdam which is a much smaller ship than the "Z" so can't compare but we are over 50 and were quite bored on this cruise. We are looking forward to our cruise on the Mariner and hope RCCL doesn't let us down. We have always loved our time with them. We had no children onboard with us except one infant. We have friends doing the Zuiderdam in Feb. also, will be anxious to hear if service improves for them. Again, I think it is a case by case because we hear many who have had incredible service with HAL. Enjoy your cruise, I do hear more good than bad. Too bad for us, it had to happen to us!

D

Deb Mumaw

I agree with you hucc. I think the problem is everyone tells you how much better HAL is than RCCL, so you go expecting more! We have enjoyed all of our RCCL cruises better than the 1 HAL cruise and I really think it is because others had set our expectations so high. I wouldn't consider it anymore premium than RCCL.

P

paulfredo

All of the lines have become so homogenized... with the exception of the luxury lines. If you have reasonable expectations, all of them are good cruises.

paul

C

cruiseman123

thank you to all but what are the cabins like? We do have two S suites and I am woundering if the neptune lounge is nicer than the one on the Serenade of the Radiance witch we just went on? Also what is embarcation like? I dont want to be let down so after reading these reviews I am think about going back to RCCL. I am so confused my TA says that the Zuiderdam is a step up from the Serenade. Could someone please write me back and tell me what they think I should do?
Thanks
Jonny D.

C

cash1968

HUCC get it right I said HAL is premium. Silverseas in which you made referance to is luxury. Get your grouping right. The only cruiselines competeing with RCCL is Carnival and Norwegian Cruiseline and Disney those are your mainstreams. The luxurys are Cunard, Seabourn, Raddison Seven Seas, Crystal and the brand new Oceania. And the of course your Premiums such as HAL, Celebrity, Princess, Costa I know I am missing someone.