Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Woo Hoo!!!

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by sailingrose, Jun 10, 2004.

1. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

I'm a SDM!!!!! Only 9 days left till the Mariner!!! Woo Hoo!

2. Ali

Ali Guest

Congrats!!! Funny how it sneaks up on you after waiting and waiting and waiting for that sailing day to finally arrive. Now is this the cruise that you booked 7688?

3. cfurry

cfurry Guest

Congrats sailingrose! I know you'll have a great time!

4. GloBug

GloBug Guest

What? It sneaks up on you? When does that start? Mine is 30 days away, and dragging it's feet!

Congrats sailingrose! I'm excited for you!

5. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Yup that's the cabin........can't wait to try out that balcony. I'll let you know how I like it when I return.

6. tiffanym5375

tiffanym5375 Guest

Cabin 7688? That's great! I book in advance when cruising, but how far do you need to book to grab a cabin on the aft? I know they fill up quickly. I only book about 7 months out, but for the next time I book I'd love to grab one up. Tiffany

7. Ali

Ali Guest

Rose you're going to love that balcony with the side cut out. You get two views aft and port. :lol

Tiffany when I have had aft cabins it was just a matter of searching and searching until I found a cruise that had one open. When I had 7688 on the Adventure, it was for a Christmas cruise and I only booked it 2 months out. I had 1688 on the Adventure also during the summer on a back to back and only booked that 7 weeks prior to sailing. If you know the dates that you want to sail, try searching when it would be time for final payment for those already booked. That is when a lot of cabins will become available again, when that final payment is due.

8. megamind

megamind Guest

Soon, real soon. And a warm and sunny welcome to Port Canveral. I will be one of those that is standing on the jetty waving you Bon Voyage!! We are excited for you.

Megamind

9. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Thanks Ali! After hearing so much about them I was lucky enough to get this one. Tiffany I booked this trip in December but in January my agent called and asked me if I wanted this room instead, I jumped on it.

megamind I've been a frequent sailor from Port Canaveral.....5 times on the Sovereign and I only live about an hour from there. It's a great port and I'll be interested in seeing how they deal with the Mariner traffic. We've already decided not to get there before 11:30 as we've heard the traffic is a mess. Check in won't take us long as we're Diamond so I guess the luggage dropoff and the parking will be the worst of it.

I'll be the one one in 7688 waving goodbye!!!

10. tiffanym5375

tiffanym5375 Guest

Thanks for the help Ali & Rose! :) ...I plan on doing both having my agent keep me in mind if these cabins come available, and check again during last payment. I had a great bump cabin on serenade this past January. I just know I'm going to miss having a larger balcony, this coming Jan. when sailing on the mariner.

Thanks again Tiffany!

11. SUNNYDAY

SUNNYDAY Guest

glo bug i was on the sister ship of the monarch which is the majesty of the seas. that was one of our best cruises. they had such a nice line up of activities. and it was the most accomodating as far as being attentive to your every need. hope your experience is as wonderful as ours was this was quite a few years ago but i am sure things only get better..

12. SUNNYDAY

SUNNYDAY Guest

globug let me know what your first experience on the monarch was. you will be leaving shortly i gather

13. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Yes, Sunny, I will be leaving soon. On Sunday the 11th, we will drag our sleepy butts out of bed at 4am and hit the road at 5. The teen has been sleeping in until noon this summer, so she'll probably sleep walk to the garage and let me belt her in. We'll head down I-5 and stop for breakfast around 8 or 9. Hopefully the teen will join us, or we'll just put her in the trunk to keep her safe. We'll stop a few more times to get gas and stretch, and grab some lunch around 1 or 2pm. We'll probably pull into San Pedro around 3pm, just in time to check in to our hotel for the night. I am thinking we are going to be boarding the Monarch about noon, even though our papers say 2pm. Just ignore that, right???

Oh my oh my oh my... it's coming soon!!!

14. SUNNYDAY

SUNNYDAY Guest

thats right glo bug they let you on the ship usually about 12:30 or 1 . and than you go and check out the ship and than you unpack and eat eat eat. i think your teenager will have a great time ,because they have the run of the ship and they usually meet other young people there age. they usually treat the young people like adults and they feel real independant they have some late night clubs and rock music if i remember correctly the monarch of the seas also has a theater which most ships do not have anymore. i think they may have one which is also fun to see a movie on the big screen.