Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

World Series on the Jewel.....Red Sox ?????

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by markcockr, Oct 12, 2004.

1. markcockr

markcockr Guest

I will be on the Jewel of the Sea leaving Oct 28 from Boston. The World Series TV schedule below has us at sea for games 5 and 6. What are our chances of seeing the series on this ship? Since the Red Sox “may†be involved there will be a lot of unhappy people on this ship if they have to possible miss their home team in the series. I don’t believe they get the Fox network on the ship, can this be changed for a couple of hours?

American League Champion vs. National League Champion
    GAME MATCHUP DAY DATE TIME TV
    Game 1 NL Champion @ AL Champion Saturday Oct. 23 7:30 p.m. FOX
    Game 2 NL Champion @ AL Champion Sunday Oct. 24 7:30 p.m. FOX
    Game 3 AL Champion @ NL Champion Tuesday Oct. 26 8:00 p.m. FOX
    Game 4 AL Champion @ NL Champion Wednesday Oct. 27 8:00 p.m. FOX
    Game 5* AL Champion @ NL Champion Thursday Oct. 28 8:00 p.m. FOX
    Game 6* NL Champion @ AL Champion Saturday Oct. 30 7:30 p.m. FOX
    Game 7* NL Champion @ AL Champion Sunday Oct. 31 7:30 p.m. FOX

2. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Well, I hear you as far as missing the series while at sea. I don't know if they will have it or not, when my hubby and I were on the Millie (Celebrity cruises) one year during the world series they had a sports bar, but no series, heck they hardly had any sports on t.v. at that sports bar! We had to go straight for a newspaper as soon as we got into a port :lol We are Yankee fans, so we are hoping it will be the Yankees playing :grin But the Red Socks are doing well this season and they have waited a long time to win and their fans have waited a long time to see them win, so if that's how it ends up, then it was meant to be. But maybe you will not have to worry about the series playing on the ship if the Yankees are the ones that you would be watching =shrug Seriously though, either way there will be a lot of unhappy fans, but there is always next season :thumb Good luck :thumb

3. ROSS

ROSS Guest

HI MARK!!!

I WILL ALSO BE ONBOARD THE JEWEL with you on the 28th. They will put the games on and probably have it in the cabin as well. Even RCI knows about the World Series...I like your optimism Mark!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

ROSS

4. Topman

Topman Guest

Get real! The SOX in the World Series? Keep dreaming.

5. cillovely

cillovely Guest

HEY Topman!

Lemme guess are you a Yankees fan? Or some other unlikeable team, come to think of it there is no other unlikeable team.

I'm not saying anything, (very superstisious) but I'm a die hard Sox fan who's going on the Mariner during the world series and if it's not to cheer on my beloved Red Sox, it's to root for whoever BEATS the pants off the Yankees.

I asked a similar question about the Mariner and was told it would be on at least at the sports bar and possbily in the room. PLEASE be true!

My issue is how am I going to eat dinner at the late seating if the game is on? I'll have to "run to the bathroom" a lot.

KEEP THE FAITH!

6. markcockr

markcockr Guest

To all World Series fans,

I also emailed this question to RCCL and received the following message back from them,

Dear Mr. X

Thank you for your inquiry.

All of our ships will do everything possible to be able to receive the satellite transmissions for important events such as Superbowl or World Series. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the transmissions will always be available for the entire event.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Let’s hope everything is aligned just right and GO SOX or anyone playing the Yankees!

7. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Go Yankee's :thumb I just had to add my =twocents since I am also a Yankee fan :wave I guess I am in the minority, because I don't hold the same hostility towards the Red sox that some people do to the Yankee's. Oh well some people will be unhappy either way :wave

8. cruisegamer

cruisegamer Guest

I cruised two years ago onboard the Voyager. We departed on superbowl sunday. The Voyager had the satelite feed on its giant screen in the ice rink arena, I think it was called Studio B. It was great, with bar service and hourderves type food. The only thing I missed was the broadcast TV commercials. It is truly a direct satelite feed.

9. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Don't worry the Sox won't be there.......LOL!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!

10. NYCchic

NYCchic Guest

Agreed....not to worry Boston fans b/c the Sox won't be in the series!

Why all this hatred for the Yankees? Just jealous your team hasn't been in the World Series in a long time???

Have a nice cruise!

11. markcockr

markcockr Guest

Thank you, I will have a nice cruise, whether the SOX are in it or not!

No hatred here...really........I hope the team that plays the best wins tonight's game.

GO SOX!!!!!

12. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Ok, this is it, do or die tonight =sailor Heres to a good nights sleep tomorrow after all these late nights :cheers
    Go Yankee's =bigwave =bigwave

13. AJ coast

AJ coast Guest

YES!!!!!!!!!! LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT A COMEBACK! !!!!!!!!! BOSTON WINS THE PENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE RED SOX ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE AMERICAN LEAGUE AND RUN A STAKE THROUGH THE HEART OF THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE YANKEES ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! THE RED SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!

14. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Well so much for the Red Sox not winning the pennant....They won!!..:thumb...so now to all the baseball fans on cruise ships during the World Series..I hope they have a satellite feed for you..we are on the Golden Princesss for Super Bowl Sunday night and we were told it WILL BE ON IN THE SPORTS LOUNGE!!..sooooo I hope you enjoy the series..:)....................( GO RED SOX!!!...:grin..)....Joanne

15. cillovely

cillovely Guest

To all you Yankee fans and Sox doubters.....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!! What's the matter, your expensive corporate team fall apart....so sad....NOT!!!!! The best team won the one that is a TEAM. Best comeback in playoff history and also the WORST LOSS!!!!!

Sorry can't help it, many many years of pent up frustration here. I have to gloat.

But man, what a time to go on a cruise. My luck I'll get picked on the lottery to be able to buy world series tickets, somethign I never end up being able to manage.

GO SOX!!!!

16. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Yes the Sox won, but as far as expensive, they have a good size payroll themselves. Also it was a good playoff series and now to the World series. Now that the Sox have won the playoff they get to try for the ring. As far as playing as a team, the Yankee's have always played as a team and that has gotten them the ring so many times. How many rings is it that the Red Sox have....hum..... :grin Yes, you have reason to be happy, so be happy :) It's not like you can blame the Yankee's for..... all the years.... that the Red Sox lost...... no one lost for them........ they did it all by themselves....... just like they won this round, themselves.... it works both ways :wave Oh, and how many years has it been since they won a World Series :grin I can understand why you have to gloat, since Sox fans aren't used to being able to.
    Seriously though, there is always next year and I am glad that I can get some sleep now =sleep these last few nights were very long....I will check out the series and see how it goes :thumb
    =bigwave =bigwave

17. cillovely

cillovely Guest

Oh I know we ain't cheap, and now we'll have to make due on D. Lowe's salary and a bunch of the other guys who have done so well.

But I think this whole turn around is a sign of things to come...

Hmmmm....last world series for the yanks.....2000, that's quite a long drought for you guys isn't it? Get used to it! Feel our pain. I predict the next series you guys will win will be 2086.

And no I don't blame the Yankees for our years without this, it's the team's doing, for letting the ghost of a fat, drunk who happened to be able to hit the ball out of the park get to us. It's your smugness and cockyness that makes Bostonian's as well as most of the rest of the country hate you guys.

But the victory over the Yankees make it so sweet!!! And to do it in a way that breaks records, even better. Ted Williams this is for you!!

And thank the lord we didn't sacrifice Manny for A-Rod!!!!! Was he worth it NY?

18. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Yes, he was :wave As for the rest of your statements, that's my point exactly , it's a game .....not life or death. Relax, lifes too short............

19. tmmull

tmmull Guest

On the "other" boards there's an similar thread. The "feeling" is opposite, I guess because it was started by a Yankee fan. It has one thing in common, SORE LOSERS! As for the Sox spending as much as the Yanks, check the numbers. http://baseball.simcentral.net/index/Articles/MLB/1068444000.shtm It's staggering how much money was wasted.

20. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

No sore losers here :thumb I just thought cilovely was joking around in her first post after the win and I went along with it. I don't get into the whole rivalry thing, it is a game and I enjoy watching it but thats as far as it goes. Like I said , life is too short. Also I didn't say that the Red Sox spent as much money as the Yankee's, just wanted to clear that up :wave Now it's time to get on with other things , like my Christmas shopping. I hate doing it all at the last minute =bigwave