Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a car?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Bethie, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Bethie

Bethie Guest

With all the talk about shuttle buses and waiting for a shuttle bus to pick you up to go the the pier. Wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a car? Also as the time grows closer I may be able to share a ride to the airport with someone.

What do you guys think....

2. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Jolene - remember there is a gas shortage in Florida! It might be safer to be on one of the cruise ship transfers......jmho

3. Bethie

Bethie Guest

Only problem is, they don't offer the transfer from WDW.

Sorry to say.

4. RetiredLDO

RetiredLDO Guest

It really depends on where you are going and how many, in some cases it is cheaper if you have family to rent a car, the cruise ship transfers are always the most expensive. We will normally just take a taxi and or shuttle (we did that in new orleans a week or so ago).

Pete

5. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

If you get a private shuttle service you don't have to wait around. They pick you up when you want and bring you to the pier and then pick you back up at the end of the cruise, no hassles. Then you don't have to deal with picking up and dropping off a rental car, or cruise ship transfers. Booking a private shuttle ( not shared) is very different than a shuttle from the cruise lines. You can get a van if you have several people or a nice Towncar and they will pick you up where and when you want and bring you right where you want to go :thumb

6. Bethie

Bethie Guest

OK I see your point. But my husband and I are taking the scenic route. Driving to Kennedy Space Center and also to Richard Petty driving experience. All that driving, could cost a small fortune if I have to go to Port Canaveral twice, once for the ship and once to play.

I found a site where he can train as an astronaut and also have dinner with an astronaut. Needless to say he has his heart set on it.

What do you think??

7. ROCK

ROCK Guest

We flew into FFL and rented a car from National and dropped it off on the south side of Miami. They then drove us to the Port it worked great. On returning we took a cab to Miami airport.

Rental car $40.00

Taxi $25.00

8. ROCK

ROCK Guest

We flew intoFFL and rented a car from National and dropped it off on the south side of Miami. They then drove us to the Port it worked great. On returning we took a cab to Miami airport.

Rental car $40.00

Taxi $25.00