Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Wyndham, Nassau (not thru ship shore excursion)

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Odie, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Odie

Odie Guest

Going to Nassau via the Mariner of the Seas in February 05. Ship has a shore excursion to the Wyndham Resort, looks great, but an expensive excursion for just a few hours. Anyone know if it's easy to take a taxi there and just walk in and hang out for a few hours? Or, if they offer a pass of some sort to use their facility for a few hours, but not book it thru the ship??? Thanks!!

2. LindaInCT

LindaInCT Guest

I stayed at the Wyndham last year on a land vacation. It was awful! Hotel needs total renovation. Less than half of the restaurants/shops were open. Rooms were outdated. Bathrooms were in awful need of renovating. The lagoon is dirty. Rusted beach chairs were floating in it. I would never pay the price for the excursion they offer!!

However, I noticed that no one checked to see if we were guests - ever. We would walk in the front doors and straight through the back to the pool/beach. From the pool area you can walk over to the beach in back of the Nassau Beach Hotel (right next door) and that is an ok beach. There is a small outdoor bar/restaurant at teh Wyndham where you can grab a burger. A very expensive burger! But all the food there is $$$. If you are at the Straw Market, where the ship docks, you can jump on a #10 bus for a dollar and get off infront of the Wyndham and return.

Across the street from the Wyndham is another little straw market and a 'drink stand' where you can get awesome tropical drinks. The Nassau Beach Hotel (next door) has a good restaurant Johnny Canoes - very 'islandy'.