Xcaret nolonger an excursion on Carnival?

T

tgrove

Was just wondering if anyone knows why Xcaret is no longer offered as an excursion on Carnival. We were there on Carnival 3 years ago, and did a different excursion, and said if we ever come back that is what we want to do. We are going back in November, and it is no longer offered. I know we can do it on our own, but was just curious as to why they quit offereing it.

Thanks,
Todd

S

serene56

it is not offered on Liberty February 12th cruise. I called and they said no contract - or the contract is in the talking stages.

M

mlzangel78

its is still being offered,, serene if you recall a post from last week about how i was picking a cruise for xcaret,,, carnival did finally give me the info, but it is only offered on itineraries when the ship is docked in cozumel from 7-12 to give enough time for travel because the ferry is approx 45 min each way, and they offer an 8 hour excursion.... yes you can do it on your own, it costs the same price, but my concern would be missing the ship in the even something happens with the ferry OR a storm kicks up , and the ferry service is shut down, atleast on a ship sponsored tour, the ship could pick you up in cancun,,,,, and you wouldnt be screwed to get home

T

tgrove

Thanks for the answers...I figured it had something to do with contracts and/or the amount of time in port.

Thanks, again!
Todd

B

brian3006

Xcaret is an easy tour to do on your own if your ship docks in Playa del Carmen. It is actually alot cheaper than thru the ship if you have 3 or 4 people that can share a cab. The cab ride is 6 USD each way. There is a big line of cabs with English speaking people that help you with the cab driver. Xcaret is actually next to the Calica pier but you cant walk to it because of the steep rocky cliffs. Admission to Xcaret was 45 dollars or so. When you get ready to go back there are cabs waiting where you were dropped off with English speaking supervisors to help you get a cab back. Its only a 3 or 4 mile ride. We saved 30 or 40 bucks on our own with 4 of us sharing one cab. If something happened you could walk back but I wouldnt recommend it due to safety concerns. Guess you could always jump out in the ocean at Xcaret and swim back as you can see the ship docked from the swim with dolphins area LOL. As far as booking the tour from Cozumel, taking ferry, etc. I cant tell you about that.