Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Yard update

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by conniecat, May 12, 2009.

1. conniecat

conniecat Guest

[size=x-large]Thanks for everyone's advice on my "stalkers". I decided to just let it go, put a sign in the garden that there were seeds planted there, and will just let her find it. Funny thing is that the roses have volunteer morning glories coming up in there that I don't want to grow, so I hope she will weed those! There seems to be a lot of seedlings coming up also, that are new and she didn't touch. Plus, I went to the store and bought more seeds and planted them. Still hoping for a riot of color.

Anyway, here it the garden at two weeks after spring spruce up. Even my little tree we transplanted seem to be coming around. Existing leaves died, but there are new ones in there, too. And one of the new roses has a bud already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I left the rescue center the other day, I drove down where I used to live. My husband and I had bought a lot and built a new house on it. When I say built, I mean I drew the blueprints and we did all the work ourselves. Dug the foundation, poured concrete, sawed, nailed and hammered. I put many a nail in that house, and I have the carpal tunnel scars to prove it.

When we got it finished outside and roughed in inside, we decided not to finish it, and sold it as is. Then we put money down on a farm 40 miles from here. Before we could buy the farm, it burnt down, and we were stuck with our old house, which I got custody of in the divorce. So I lived in the old house and drove by our new one every day. Here is how it looks today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [/size]

2. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

It looks nice; but without Simon, Scoter and Maxie ..... it's just a "house" - Not a "home".

3. kitten

kitten Guest

Beautiful house! I wouldn't mind living there, look's country, quiet, and homey! My 2 "furubabies" would love it!

4. conniecat

conniecat Guest

I never did see how they finished it inside. But, It is too big, I wouldn't want to live there now. I love my home and my "Beverly Hills" Mobile home park.