Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Yo, BSeaBob..have you prepared the Left Coast for our arrival?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by seamom, Aug 2, 2012.

1. seamom

seamom Well-Known Member

Jer has to show up for baseball camp last week in August to prep for a pre Labour Day tournament in the southern left coast..I think Washington State, so we're flying out for a few days setting him up in residence ...er or we thought we would be........seems earliest a room might be available is the 26th and we sail away to the Inside Passage on the 25th. Great planning, eh? All being well, we can book him in the residence as it remains a hotel until the 25th and he can drag his year's worth of stuff within or to the other freshman building near by.

I figured a cruise might mark the transition from family of three to just Bob and I, at least for a few years. Theory is they move back home but as you've said, I hear they never come back from BC. I'll need something to distract me and won't want to return to work for that first week that he's off by himself, and fly directly home on disembarking, leaving him behind. The only way I gain my composure is by thinking of all the texts, Skyping and emails asking for more money, complaining he's so hungry or it's our fault____ (everything's our fault, so fill in the blank :) )

So BSea... roll out the red carpet, speak to the powers that be at UBC to provide buffets for athletes' meal plans, and please order some nice weather for the left coastline up to Tobyn country!

2. reggae

reggae Well-Known Member

Hugs for you Seamom....difficult to let them go, but such excitement coming up for all of you! And good that you will be able to stay in touch with Skype, etc....

There are a few of us here that can really relate to what you are going through...so, more (((hugs))) for you!

Now, go enjoy that cruise!!!

3. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Seamom - here's wishing all of you an easy flow into this new chapter of your lives. Have fun!!

4. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

Repeat after me seamom ... I can DO IT ... I can DO IT. :doubleup: MORE Cruisin ... MORE $$$ in the Bank Acct are ahead for U but not before a few MORE years of exactly what U said. :whistle: Just remember ... U can DO IT. :clap:

5. seamom

seamom Well-Known Member

I think I'll chant that to Jer, E! It's not going to be easy for the poor guy with 3-4 hour practices every day and travelling every weekend PLUS doing a full load of school work and jogging from classs to class as he's had to fit all of them in before 1pm so has classes full chat every morning ...and THEN have dinner and work until he falls asleep at his desk. Sorta like being in the army but they have time off, don't they!?

6. Tobyn

Tobyn Well-Known Member

HUGS! Best wishes as you and B.O.B. start this next adventure. AND of course to Jer. I asked Mother Nature to cooperate with you on your cruise . . . . . .

7. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

Well if you came out this week I could arrange the weather.:biggrin:

Allowing a lad from Upper Canada loose in BC means many things... UBC has the #1 nude nude beach in North America just over the bank at the University and your fears about returning to the East likely are real and there many other better things that can and will happen.
    However there is room for you guys too.

8. seamom

seamom Well-Known Member

Speaking of Wreck Beach.........Jer got his residence assignment yesterday and it's the closest building to the entrance through the park to THAT beach...lol!!! Hope that his desk window doesn't have a direct view to distract him from homework.

9. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

Rest easy it's not visible from above anywhere. And it really is quite a hike down and back.... Ah er..so they say.