You Can Call Me Flower If You Want To

N

nieciez

[size=large]Playing with the new camera in the garden….how are your gardens doing? Anyone with new pictures to share?

The flower boxes are filling out finally but I still prefer begonias and will do them next year.
[/size]

[size=large]The front perennial garden[/size]

M

maw

Pictures are great Niecie you should have terrific Alaska pictures. Paw's flowers have really been lush this year. Our begonias we take in green house trim back some of our plants are years and years old. We always root the cuttings too.

K

korinalacount

Oh Denise your lawn and flowers are lovely! I just love the wooded area you live in,and your camera takes maverlous pictures,maybe thats the next model of Kodak we should get,lol!

B

Beryl

Right....if I get a new camera will I have flower boxes as lovely as those???

Your garden looks lovely Denise....cool and inviting! Your new cameral seems to take wonderful photos....you are going to have a wonderful opportunity to put it to every test possible in Alaska! I'm looking forward to seeing your Alaska album!!

edited to put in this photo...since you don't have begonias in your planters this year you can share these ones from Fairmont Hot Springs Resort! :)

C

conniecat

I have been having so much trouble walking I have not been able to work on my garden. Wild morning glories have taken over my rose garden. They won't hurt the plants twining up the branches, but they have totally overgrown the small mini roses. I really need to get some help out there.

C

Cricket

Mother nature at it's best! Lovely floweres and I love the way you have them arranged...country style.

G

GloBug

Love your flowers. I wish I had a flat yard I could grow flowers in. I would LOVE to putter around in a garden! Sigh...

Actually, THIS is Flower. I rescued her from a house I walked in to where her cage was in a corner in a dark room. No one ever paid attention to her, except to give her food. Never played with her, never took her out of her cage... so sad. My heart broke for her. The people had purchased her for $1 at a police auction. Flower has a much better life now. Lots of play time, lots of fresh fruits and lots of fresh veggies, and chicken, which she loves, that and pasta!. (This pic was actually just taken, I see my date got reset in my camera. It's also a Kodak!) I brought Flower home, oh gees, when Sara was about 5 or 6, so that means Flower is now at least 16 or 17 yrs old. She's middle aged!!!

N

nieciez

Beryl, those are lovely begonias. I grow the wax variety though. Glo, your Flower is just precious!

T

Travelnut

Nieciez,,,

Great photos of the phlowers,,,,,looks like the new camera is working phabulous.

J:)P)

B

Beryl

Denise, I remember your wax begonias from last year! I had those last year too and they are pretty but the tuberous begonias make such a beautiful showing....I find their colours so much more vibrant and the blossoms are so large! I'm thinking I might try some on my back deck again next year. I've had great success with them out there because it is so shady and protected from the wind.

N

nieciez

They are a beautiful variety Beryl but the wax variety can take a lot of neglect and still do well....very easy to grow. I might have to give the tuberous variety a try again sometime. ;)