Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

You can HELP Build our Community

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by John, Sep 13, 2009.

1. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

Hi, You can now help build our community and get credit for it.

Our new forum software allows new users to enter the UserID of the person who referred them to the community. Over time I will be running reports and recognizing all users who are sending the most users to our community. So tell your friends about our community and ask they to enter your UserID when registering as a member.

This type of word of mouth advertising from our existing members is one of the best ways to help our community grow. I want to say a big thank you in advanced to all members who can help refer new members.

Here is my latest report.

Referrals - 01-13-2009 06:57 PM to 09-13-2009 06:57 PM

User Name Total
    Baxy - 1
    cruisemaven - 1
    GloBug - 1
    paisleydefender - 1
    Tobyn - 1

All of the above users will see "Referrals: 1" in their statistics tab of their user profiles. Other users can also keep track of their referrals as they happen.

2. nieciez

nieciez Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

Cool :clap:

3. Hooked

Hooked Well-Known Member

GEEEZZZZZ Everytime I mention the site they think I'm weird.:shrug:

4. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

very cool idea

5. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Well-Known Member

All my cruising friends are already here!

6. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

I recommend this site to friends at work, all the time, but they all act like I'm the cruise-answer-lady. If they have a questions, they just come to me. Can't seem to get them to understand that this board is part of the fun.

7. NiteStar

NiteStar Well-Known Member

Well, it's a given I won't ever see MY name recognized! LOL Most, if not all of my friends, have no use for chat boards, etc. and think I'm nuts because I do belong to a few. With the exception of my best friend who I cruise with every year and one lady I work with, nobody else I know is even interested in cruising and I can tell you.........they get sick and tired of me talking about it (but that doesn't stop me)! And when it's about a month before my cruise, they all avoid my office like the plague!!

8. kitten

kitten Well-Known Member

Like Hooked, when I mention C@'s and the Board to people, they get this what I call the, "The Krispy-Cream-Look", they're eyes glaze over!:D I think this a neat feature for alot of our C@'s.

9. tutak

tutak Getting EVEN closer to suspension

What should you do if you don't have any friends?

10. bostongal

bostongal Well-Known Member

Many of my friends are not cruisers. The friends that are cruisers are already here.

Meg