You know those models you can buy of the ship

M

MALTESEMOM

In the gift shops? Does anyone know where I could purchase a Nordic Empress model, before they renamed the ship. We collect these models from all our cruises and did not get one when we sailed and got married on the NE.

R

Robkabob

Yup...I see those ship models every so often on ebay. Right now, the pickings are slim with only a Nordic Empress postcard and shot glass among the offerings. You can store your searches on ebay.

I recently gave a co-worker my old Sunward II model (I think they just slapped a Sunward II label on a Southward model because it really did not look like the ship. LOL). Just be careful, you don't want to end up with a Nordic Prince model! :)

By the way, people really get into bidding wars over those old Pacific Princess Love Boat models. Last year, I got into a bidding war over a Love Boat collectors plate and had to teach my opponent a painful lesson in the art of sniping. (Gotta love cable modem! LOL) The reason for my zeal is a long story. If anyone has any insomnia they need cured, I will be happy to share.

By the way, Maritime Replicas offers upscale and expensive models of cruiseships, typically used in agencies or other settings. They have 18 inch models for Voyager/Explorer and Adventure of the Seas. You have to contact them for the price.

http://www.maritimereplicas.com/cruiseShipsHome.htm

If anyone needs me to do some investigative reporting on pricing, please let me know. :)

Thank you for listening.