• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Your best tip(s) when cruising?

maryeh

I have many - most I have learned on this very board! But, I know there is more to know to help make each cruise the best ever!

My first, is that I used to wait until the time cruise documentation reflected to even think about getting on board. (Okay, I was a newbie and caught on after my second cruise that folks typically got on much earlier and had already explored the ship, and were well ensconced.) Additionally, I have seen many online "Cruise Tips" articles that recommend waiting until after 2pm to even get to the pier to avoid lines. I found out early on, that the best thing is to get on line and get on board as early as they will let you and get your vacation started, it is day 1 of your cruise!!

What is your favorite tip?

connie seabee

Community Sponsor
Not all meals may be to your liking, but there is always somewhere on the ship to find a bite to eat. Don't let little things get in the way of your vacation cruise.

I approach a cruise as I do any vacation. Accept the challenges and roll with punches, while not allowing anyone to steal my joy. I try not to get bogged down with the little things that happen. One other thing, I know people go bonkers to get on the ship early...not me. I go later, the crowds are gone and boarding is a snap.

Karry

Take from the buffet or order in the dining room something you have never eaten before. You "don't have to pay for it" and if you don't like it, there are plenty of other things to eat. :chef: It's good to sample different dishes and who knows, you might find a new favorite! :smiley24: