Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Your Favorite Penny Candy

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by nieciez, Jun 22, 2009.

1. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Mine were Mary Janes....don't eat them anymore as the are not heathy when you have crowns or fillings =eek

2. S&M in Pgh

S&M in Pgh Guest

Swedish Fish

Eat too many and boy did you get a headache.

Mike

3. Jamman

Jamman Guest

Tootsie rolls!! Followed closely by Bazooka bubble gum.

4. rhen33

rhen33 Guest

jaw breakers.
    Check out his place I found near my house. You can buy online nostalgic candy.go to www.candykitchen.net
    Brings back alot of memories.

5. seamom

seamom Guest

Button candy...those pastel sugar drops on a long roll of paper...so pretty...not so tasty...OH and candy necklaces that left pastel smears on your neck when you'd start slobbering to bite them off the elastic around your neck. The candy watches were cool too.

6. kitten

kitten Guest

In England it was "All Sorts" & Licorice, when I came to the States it was Lemon-Drops & Bazooka-Bubble-Gum! Those were the days!

7. Corky

Corky Guest

Let's see, all of these weren't necessarily a penny to me, but this is what I ate as a kid...jaw breakers, boston baked beans, horehound candy, bb bats, paydays, those coke bottle things with the colored water in them, candy necklaces, raisinets, lemon drops and butterscotch drops.

We were not allowed to chew gum, so I have no favorites of those. My mom thought gum was the lowest of low and said people looked like a cow chewing its cud when they did so. So we didn't. :lol

8. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

Carmel Buckeyes with the cream filling. Yumm.. and they have to be soft. I also liked small brach's sourballs that my grandparents kept in a candy jar. :) Denise - I confess I still like Mary Jane's. I don't chew on them anymore though for the same reasons as you mentioned.

9. String licorice and tootsie rolls.

10. DAW

DAW Guest

BB bats were my favorites . I liked thoseTbig orange peanut things and of course toootsie rolls.
    Banana bb BATS.

11. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Licorice whips, jaw breakers (3 for a penny), Double Bubble chewing gum, and those strawberry marshmallow thingies!

12. glo-ree-bee

glo-ree-bee Guest

banana marshmallows candy and in the center was a little ring that you could wear on your finger. As you can see I go way back!!!

13. RosieRosie

RosieRosie Guest

bull's eyes and tootsie rolls

14. I like licorice, both red and black, along with snickers candy bar.

15. Linda&Jim

Linda&Jim Guest

Mint juleps & tootsie rolls. How I wish I could get some of that penny candy now!

16. GloBug

GloBug Guest

I was just talking to my boss about this. My grandparents lived in Salt Lake City, and we would stay the summer with them. We would collect the empty soda bottles and take them to the corner store and trade them in for penny candy. Candy lipstick, paper cigarettes that you could blow a puff of powder out of, wax soda bottles in a paper six pack container, black wax chewy moustaches, red wax lips, I remember them all. Gosh, good memories.

When my sister was in hospital for a knee replacement, I sent her a basket filled with old time candies like that. (Ordered it somewhere on line.) She loved it, said the nurses went nuts, came in all day long on flimsy excuses to get a piece! LOL!

17. J.E. M.

J.E. M. Guest

Necco Wafers and Dots were my favorites.

18. Corky

Corky Guest

J.E.M...I love necco wafers and still buy them. :)

19. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Glo, my sisters got me a basket of penny candy for my 50th birthday.....along with a bottle of Boone's Farm wine LOL.

20. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

Sugar babies and pixie sticks!!!

A fun thread Nieciez -- thanks.

K.