Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Your favorite reasons to Sail Princess Cruiselines....

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Cruise cutie, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:?:?:?

Mark, and I truly enjoy the elegant ambience, of the entire layout of the ships, nooks and crannies for privacy.. the Adult only strictly enforced pools, freshwater only pools, and adore Second Seating Traditional Dining.with the majority of diners dressing formally on those designated nights...and lastly a HUGE favorite... the Ghost Bookings while on ship for future cruises.with those marvelous room credits..=adore..:lol....what's your reasons???..wondering what yours are.???..:grin..Joanne

2. bostongal

bostongal Guest

The layout of the ships, the food, the pools & hot tubs being open 24 hours, the level of service onboard, did I say the food?=lolgang the past passenger benefit of free internet while onboard and those ghost bookings really help.

Meg

3. cruiserjanet

cruiserjanet Guest

I actually like the colors of the carpet, walls, bedding, you name it. I will never sail on Carnival because to me, it looked like a color wheel threw up. The staff is also wonderful.

4. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Because I get to go this Saturday =lolgang =lolgang =lolgang =lolgang

:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

5. snedecor

snedecor Guest

Because they have the cheapest balcony prices from Galveston, where I can cruise without flying!

6. ewheelock

ewheelock Guest

Well, I will let you know for sure in 4 weeks :D

That said, I think that the fresh water pools is a big plus and the fact that there is really an adult pool that is strictly enforced. I am trying anytime dining because early sitting is too early and I didn't like the late sitting on my last cruise. Since I have done early and late traditional before this cruise will settle which I like (I hope)

7. kruznut

kruznut Guest

I love the soft, easy on the eyes elegance of the ships. I love being able to book future cruises onboard with reduced deposits. And oh yeah, my free internet access. These are a few of my favorite things !

8. Beryl

Beryl Guest

All of the above....and the consistency of the product. I've done 11 Princess cruises and have never been disappointed.

9. suer182

suer182 Guest

Since I am not a fan of traditional dining for dinner, I like the idea of the buffet. Also the carpet is different on either side of the ship. The future cruise booking.

10. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

1. The muster!! It's indoors in cool air conditioning and they don't make you put on those life jackets!!!! :thumb

2. The freshwater pools.

3. The waiters & assistants on traditional dining are terrific!

4. It's comfortable. Can't think of any other way to describe Princess other than it's quietly elegant and just feels comfortable! :)

Great question, BTW! :thumb

11. kjc

kjc Guest

My husband would say the food, food, food!!!! We've only been on one cruise, with our 2nd this November, but I loved having the balcony - we're spoiled, we'll never be able to cruise w/o a balcony! The anytime dining was great for us - and some lines don't offer it - that's a must for us. And though we were entertained/busy on the ship, we didn't see or do half of it! So many offerings (lectures, @sea, spa, etc) to discover. I didn't know about freshwater pools. ???

12. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

kjc..=welcome to cruise @ddicts..and only the Holland America line aka ( HAL) , and Princess have freshwater in their pools, and Hot Tubs..the other cruise lines have chlorinated sea water..( BLECK!!..:lol..). so those of us who adore Princess tend to really like that distinction..and the pools /hot tubs are open on Princess 24/7.. and on many other cruise lines they close the hot tubs, and rope off the pools early evening.. "nice to meet you" Congratulations on your next cruise booking....and please also join us at the Community forum group too.post your cruise in the "Cruise tracker" above and watch the days drop!!..:grin... we all =love cruising...ask away on any questions..there is always someone far more knowledgable than all of us..who knows an answer!!..:)..Joanne

13. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Based on our one Princess cruise...

The service! Just about everyone we met seemed to want to make our vacation as trouble-free as possible. Even if it was something seemingly insignificant -- such as our cabin stewardess opening our door for us when she spotted us coming down the hall -- those little things add up.

14. gram

gram Guest

:wave :wave :wave

I have been on different cruise lines but Princess is my favorite. The reason I to am not a big fan of the traditional dining. We love the personal choice dining and wish other cruise lines would offer it.

15. ewheelock

ewheelock Guest

My first cruise with Princess was earlier this month. I really loved the Caribbean Princess. I loved the anytime dining. The buffet food was really good also. The movies under the stars was really cool along with the fresh water pools. We watched a couple of movies while floating in the pool or sitting on the side of the pool.

The pools and hot tubs are not open 24/7 now but they close around 12:00.

I have cruised on HAL and RCI and would go on them again but for now Princess has become my favorite. I want to try the other lines at some point to really know which one is my very favorite!

16. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

That's a good point, ewheelock. :thumb I've found that the more cruise lines I try (5 different ones so far), the more I find out what's really important to me. I've found that all the cruise lines do some things really well. Just wish we could all those good point together & make one cruise line! :)

17. Rick & Jenny

Rick & Jenny Guest

We'll keep it very basic. Princess gives you luxury experience on board their ships for a very modest cost= GREAT DOLLAR VALUE:thumb

Rick & Jenny :couple