Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Your Favorite?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Calgon1, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

As time marches on, it often appears that the only constant is change. With that deep thought in mind ...

What is something that was a favorite of yours, when growing up, that has been discontinued?

For me, it is/was Nabisco's 'Brown Edge Wafers'. I'll never forget the light, lemony flavor, the moistness, the texture ... *sigh*

(See Reggae, I didn't even hae to wait till 2 am - LOL).

2. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Does my hour glass figure count? It seems the sands of time have filtered downward. :lol :lol That's OK Mike still loves me! :grin

3. duskbat

duskbat Guest

i miss my grand ma Lilly . i called her nanny. and poppy was my grandfather.;( she died few years ago

4. elliottsmama

elliottsmama Guest

RC cola in the bottles

5. conniecat

conniecat Guest

My knees!

6. Ruchela

Ruchela Guest

Hydrox chocolate cookies. I never liked Oreos. Hydrox had a distinct taste, yummy.

7. GloBug

GloBug Guest

The 7-up Candy Bar. I loved that candy bar, and bought one once a week with my allowance.

If you aren't familiar with it, here is a description: (one piece was caramel, one was an orange jel center, the middle piece was a large nut. It was mmmm mmmm good!)

THE SEVEN UP CANDY BAR. Got its name from having seven connected pieces, each with a different center. The bar came out in the 1930s, before the 7-Up Bottling Company began production of its soft drink - so the Trudeau Candy Company owned the trademark rights to the name. Eventually the 7-Up Bottling Company bought the bar and retired it, so they had exclusive use of the name no matter how it was spelled - Seven Up or 7-Up.

8. reggae

reggae Guest

I miss the TV show "What's my line?"

They used to have the old re-runs on the Game Show Network, but now it's gone.

It was great seeing some of the mystery guests back in the 50's: Ronald Reagan, Barbara Streisand, Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Bobbie Darrin, even Salvadore Dali. On the panel were a young Johnny Carson and Soupy Sales.

They would often talk about current events, a totally different perspective back in the 50's..

It's like going back in time...

Calgon...Thanks for another good, thought-provoking question :)

9. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Hummmm, I know there are a few things but for the life of me I can't come up with one....oh, I know, my memory, as I suffer from CRS nowadays :lol :lol

10. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

Capt. Kangaroo & Sky King.

11. Hucc

Hucc Guest

wacky wafers
    the old Mann Orchards

Dairy Queen