Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zaandam questions

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by cruzman, Oct 19, 2002.

1. cruzman

cruzman Guest

Sailing on the Zaandam 12/14/02 and I'm curious as to which nights are formal and where does one go to make reservations for the alternative restaurant? Since our first 2 nights will be at sea, I'm sure that one or the other will be formal, and we have a day at sea on the return leg. I am reasonably certain that that will be a formal night. Any input would be appreciated.

2. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Without looking up your itinerary....the NORMAL would be that the second night (not the day you board the ship but the next one) would be formal and the other one on a seven day cruise almost always is the second to last night. For the most part you are right to assume the day at sea on the return leg would be formal.....but, again I haven't checked the itinerary.....it is usually as I said above. If the day at sea is that second to last night...you can be positive that would be formal.

First and last night are always casual on HAL.

I am assuming that the Zaandam will have begun her seven day cruises out of Canaveral by then.

Marco Polo Reservations: When you board, you will find a daily program on the counter/or bed in your cabin. It will state where and when to make your alternative restaurant reservations. It fills up quickly, so if you really want to dine there...don't delay in making your reservations.

3. KimberleyFLA

KimberleyFLA Guest

I'm going on the Z November 9th. I can tell you for sure when I return, but for now, I think it will be Sunday and Thursday. They are both sea days.

4. AnneS

AnneS Guest

You will LOVE the Zaandam! We did a repositioning -22 day canal cruise before the Alaskan summer run. If anybody had said "Do you want to stay on another week?" I'd have jumped for joy! We are leaving for Singapore and the Volendam on Tuesday [ sister ship] and a 33 day cruise of Australia/NZ/Tahiti/Marquessas and back into LA!
    Anne:daisy:usa:CO

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Anne...have a wonderful time. I've heard reports from some folks on board and they are loving their trip...Travel safely and Enjoy