Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zaandam/Volendam - S Class Suite

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by MrAloha, Mar 26, 2004.

1. MrAloha

MrAloha Guest

Aloha from sunny Hawaii...
    We are about to book an Inside Passage cruise and this will be our first cruiise on HAL. We will probably opt for the S Category Deluxe Veranda Suite. Would like to ask the more experienced HAL cruisers 2 questions.
    1. Any differences and/or preferences between the Zaandam & Volendam?
    2. What do you feel is the best location on the Navigation Deck for this type of suite?

Mahalo for any input and suggestions,

Mr Aloha

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Aloha nui loa, Mr. Aloha! ;)

Ahh...Volendam. My favorite HAL ship!

Volendam and Zaandam are sisterships. The difference is in decor - Volendam's interior theme is flowers, Zaandam's is music/musical instruments. That's about it. Both have outstanding reputations in the fleet.

Both are having Neptune Lounges (the Concierge Lounge for PS and S guests) added shortly - you'll have one for Alaska. Some people like to be across from the Lounge, and it's my understanding that 7012, 7014, 7009, 7011 will be across from it. Actually, there's really no 'bad' location for any of the suites.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need more information.

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Ditto Shipmaven and only would add that ---only as our personal preference-----we like midship on Navigation Deck but agree there really is no BAD location. If you are concerned re: corridor noise near the Neptune Lounge, don't worry about it as there is never any noise eminating from folks coming and going from the lounge.

Both sisters are wonderful ships and I would gladly book either.

4. MrAloha

MrAloha Guest

Aloha Mary Ann,

I always did like Mary Ann better than Ginger ;)

Mahalo for your impressions on the sisterships.

At this writing, we are leaning toward the Zaandam cruising from Vancouver on the 15th.
    It just happens to fit our schedules a little better. Did I understand you correctly that there will be a Neptune Lounge on the Navigation Deck by that time?
    We are thinking about possibly booking either 7002 or 7004 , which are located across the hall from the Penthouse Suite. We were wondering what is located forward of Suite 7002? But as both you and sail7seas expressed...there really are no "bad" location for these suites.

Mahalo again and Aloha...

Mr. Aloha

5. MrAloha

MrAloha Guest

Mahalo to you too sail7seas...

On a side note...we also considered the Amsterdam sailing from Seattle...but we both liked the Vancouver itineraries better. Any thoughts?

Mr Aloha

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Aloha again, Mr. Aloha,

Uh-oh - I had better hide from Ginger? ;) That's a lovely name!

Forward of 7002 are the cabins of the various bridge officers, and some offices, too. My home away from home is 7001 on Volendam. In the days when navigation bridge visits were allowed, we would walk through that area.

7. megamind

megamind Guest

Decor wise, The Volendam looks better to us. The Zaandam has a really dumb looking atrium. Some kind of supposed organ that has musical figures on them. Either one will be fine.

Megamind