Zeebrugge

G

Gitte

Which ship and when?
Sometimes there is a shuttle from Zeebrugge to Blankenberge - Station. In Blankenberge you can take a train to Brugge.
Please give me more details.

Gitte
SFSTAM

S

SylviaB

If I'm not mistaken you can just take a bus from Zeebrugge to Brugge, it's about 20 minutes.
You could also take the coast tram to Ostend and take a train from there.

HTH

S

sail7seas

Yes, there is a train and it's a very short trip.

Zeebrugge is charming; really beautiful. I never saw such clean windows in an entire town that sparkled so brightly and were all adorned with beautiful Belgium lace curtains. I think there must be a law in that town/city that requires windows be washed daily :) We loved it there.

M

McGill

Thank you for your reply. It is Constellation sailing August 30 from Dover doing a 13 day Best of Europe.

J

JudyA.

When our ship docked at Zeebrugge, we had already arranged to have a cab waiting for us; for some reason, there are not a lot of cabs waiting at the port to make money off cruise passsengers at this stop. I had heard this warning before we went, and so I made sure we had something previously arranged. Those passengers who were just counting on a cab being available were out of luck...or had to wait for an hour for the few cab drivers there were to drop off their first load and come back for more. I'm not sure how far the bus/train station is from the port, as we didn't use those methods, but just thought I would warn you about the lack of cabs at this port. Bruges is absolutely darling, I can't wait to go back. The best chocolate I bought (and I bought some from almost every store) was from DUMON choclatiers. Their store is not on the main street, but if you ask around, you could get directed there, I'm sure. It's worth the effort.

Have Fun!!