• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zenith fact or fiction?

J

jam35

Just read on another board that instead of a dinner buffet there is a casual dining option where you order off a menu but there is a $2 charge. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it's true--is it the same menu as the formal dining room?

T

Ted_D

Jam,

The casual dinner dining facility on all Celebrity ships is a sit-down affair where you order from a menu. (The casual breakfast and lunch are buffets.) It is not the same as what is offered in the main dining room. You can, however, order a room service dinner from the full main dining room menu as long as it is done during the hours that they are serving there.

Ted

L

Lisa63

Ted, are reservations required for the casual dining option? (We may have a shore excursion that returns us to the ship during our early seating in the main dining room.) Also, is the full menu available in all cabins?

Thx in advance.

T

Ted_D

Celebrity asks that a reservation be made for their casual evening dining, but I have never known anyone to be turned away. And yes, the full dining room menu is available for room service at all meals to all cabins, so long as it is during the main dining room's hours.

Ted

J

jam35

Well, I'm a little confused. Are there specialty menu items available at the casual dining that would warrent the surcharge? I realized it's only $2 but a charge is a charge and there should be a reason for it. Is this where the sushi is offered?

B

Boymom

the $2.00 is the SUGGESTED TIP amount.......and is not a surcharge...... the menu is the same
every night and is limited to steak, salmon, chicken and one more item. (I forget what it was)
the food is excellent.........and its served by waiters who have not quite made it to the dining room...

we usually gave them a $5.00 tip each night we went and they seemed to really appreciate it.....

we did NOT see everyone tipping ......as usual, there are always some who try to get away without ...

sushi was not offered...........