Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zenith port time changed?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Maja, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Maja

Maja Guest

<HTML>I went to prebook some excursions on line yesterday and when the itinerary popped up it was different from the norm. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be arriving in Hamilton until 3:30 (was 11am) and will be leaving St.George at 11am (instead of 3:30). I guess this is due to the fact the ship is departing Baltimore at 6pm instead of NY at 4pm, but that still seems like a big cut in time on the island. Most of the excursions we were interested in have a message to inquire while on board. Anyone know?</HTML>

2. bOB

bOB Guest

<HTML>Also probably adding the time that it takes to get in and out of the channel at Baltimore, far more time than in and out of New York.</HTML>

3. Jerry L

Jerry L Guest

<HTML>bOB

I think you are correct. It seemed to take about 8 hours to get to the dock from the time we enterd Chesapeake Bay.</HTML>

4. LindaC

LindaC Guest

<HTML>Yes, the channel is a no-wake zone (so to speak) and that slows things down considerably. At least that's what I surmised.

Linda</HTML>

5. <HTML>You are right Linda. While the Chesapeake Bay is very wide, in many areas the shipping channel is very narrow...

Mark Chatfield

Author: LindaC (Cruise-Addicts.com)
    Date: 09-26-01 12:49

Yes, the channel is a no-wake zone (so to speak) and that slows things down considerably. At least that's what I surmised.

Linda</HTML>

6. bOB

bOB Guest

<HTML>That's what I figured, but not QUITE that looooong. Going to be kindof like going in and out of N'arlins</HTML>

7. LindaC

LindaC Guest

<HTML>bOB, that's Noo Orlinz ;) Yes, very much like that, only try the clams instead of ersters.</HTML>

8. Judi

Judi Guest

<HTML>Linda,

I'm surprised that a nice suthren gal like you doesn't know how to pronounce it....

It's Nawlins, Luzanna! :girly

[​IMG]

~~~~~~~Judi in Hamilton NJ~~~~~~~
    Wishing you Blue Skies & Calm Seas!</HTML>