Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zenith to home port in Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by C-Bee, Mar 25, 2003.

1. C-Bee

C-Bee Guest

Starting this Fall:

<http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/032403/bus_cruiseship.shtml>

2. Einstein

Einstein Guest

Interesting article Connie .... Thanx for posting it. Brings one more cruise ship a little closer for US SE @ddicts. :thumb Anyone know waht the cruise terminal is like in JAX or are they planning any renovations or a NEW one???

3. kitten

kitten Guest

Like E, that port would be alot closer for us to travel to! I hope that more cruiselines will take an interest into berthing there. And it's true in what the article say's, more people are opting for the driving time instead of flying. I hope this pan's out!

4. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

Thanks for sharing. This will help my parents. They refuse to fly, but can drive to Jacksonville. Have a great day!

5. DeniseZ

DeniseZ Guest

A great idea for a cruise port. I was wondering the other day why ships didn't cruise from there, except for the US Navy!

6. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Guest

Ohhhh 'closerer and closerer ':grin :lol

7. JohnG

JohnG Guest

I'm very happy with that. My daughter and two grandchildren are in JAX and Southwest flies there from here non-stop with great rates....sometimes as low as $39 one way.

8. Stephen

Stephen Guest

I guess Celebrity has cancelled South America for next year?

9. imlulu

imlulu Guest

Hopefully other lines will follow as Southwest flies direct from here also with much better rates than anywhere else into Florida!

10. Seawall

Seawall Guest

Great news that Celebrity has seen the light, and starting to base ships here in the south. Now, if Princess will just take the hint. lol