Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zoinks!!

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Cornhogio, May 23, 2004.

1. Cornhogio

Cornhogio Guest

Just found out today that our cabin, 6692 (Junior Suite), has a 20% obstructed view from the balcony. Apparently they keep a maintenance basket above this particular cabin. We weren't told about it when we booked. In fact the only way we discovered it was when somehow it showed up on the website as available for our cruise, and in parenthesis it said "obstructed view". We questioned the booking agent about it, and she admitted that it was in fact obstructed. Obviously we're a little disappointed, but I keep hearing that the balconies in the aft cabins are significantly larger than the ones on the sides of the ships. Anyway, all this to say that you might want to make sure with your travel agent or your RCCL rep if this has happened to you, else you get an unpleasant surprise when you arrive.

Post Edited (05-23-04 20:55)

2. Ali

Ali Guest

What ship are you sailing on? I've have pictures taken from cabin 7688 on the Adventure and you can't see a basket or any obstruction. If you are on a Voyager class ship, you look out to the roof of the crew deck below on 5.

3. Cornhogio

Cornhogio Guest

Sorry, I guess that might help...We're on the Mariner, deck 6. Our party is booked into cabins 6692 & 6694, both of which are aft junior suites.

4. Ali

Ali Guest

<http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/69832571MZiodD>
    <http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/69832579KitBab>

Try those links for shots of the balcony.

5. Cornhogio

Cornhogio Guest

Thanks Ali. From those pictures, it appears that our balcony overlooks part of the ship, as opposed to the water. That is rather disconcerting...

6. Ali

Ali Guest

The deck/roof you see in those pictures belongs to the crew deck below on Deck 5. You still have a view of the aft, you just have to look farther out. I'm glad that the pictures helped if just a little. :)