• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zsa Zsa is Home!

W

Whimsy

I just got home with Zsa Zsa. I sure wish I would of been that energetic after my hysterectomy! LOL She was jumping all over me, excited to see me. The vet's office said she can do anything she wants, just no baths for one week until the stitches dissolve. She is now resting on her new pillow and having a treat. Even though she had the green light to do whatever I will still pamper her for a while.

C

Corky

Yes, I certainly wasn't jumping around after mine either. Ha! Glad that Zsa Zsa is doing so well. :)

N

nieciez

Welcome home to Zsa Zsa and glad to hear she is doing well. Did she have to wear the "Lamp Shade" around her neck so she doesn't take her own stitches out? If not, watch her. I had a dog that removed her stitches and it cased a real problem. Another friend's dog did the same thing the first day home, during the night and the dog died. This is rare but just wanted you to be watchful.

B

bostongal

Glad she is doing well!

When my Lulu had hers done she came home and was banging her head. The vet said she was having a side effect to the anesthesia and we had to keep in her in a dark quiet room for a couple of days. I pampered her (still do) and she is fine now.

Meg

W

Whimsy

Denise, she did not come home with a lamp shade. I haven't seen her pay attention to them at all but I will keep an eye on her closely. I'll even stay up a bit later tonight just to watch.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

N

NiteStar

Welcome home Zsa Zsa!

And like you Whimsy....I wish I would have rebounded from my hysterectomy that fast! Heck, I couldn't even stand up straight for a week fearing I would rip out my stitches! :lol

By the way, when my two boys were done, neither paid any attention to their stitches.

S

ShipMaven

Woof, woof, ZsaZsa. Continue to do well, little one. Scritches and pats.

Yes...I remember my Vet commenting how quickly a dog recovers from her hysterectomy versus a human female. How true!!!!

Whimsy, now's as good a time as any to get into the lifelong habit of pampering her. :lol