• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zsa Zsa Surgery

W

Whimsy

Zsa Zsa has to be spayed tomorrow. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before she will be able to go on a long walk again? We went for a 2 mile walk tonight and now that the weather is supposed to be nicer I will be resuming walking outside more often. Zsa Zsa likes to walk but I know whe will have a recovery period.

Of course I will ask the vet but I was just wondering tonight.

B

BostonsJ

My vet told me with my girls ten days to 2 weeks no rigorous exercise or jumping.

Good luck. Killian who looks like Zsa Zsa has dental surgery to remove several teeth and to clean his gums in 2 weeks. It is so difficult on us.

W

Whimsy

No jumping??? Zsa Zsa zipped over the top of the loveseat tonight to get going for a walk! She likes to sit up high and jumps everywhere. Looks like a lot of crate time ahead.

B

BostonsJ

Lots of quiet time needed in the first two weeks. Gentle short walks only. No jumping or running. I had to carefully keep the girls on the couch with me or in the bed beside me but not let them jump up or down. Good Luck.

S

ShipMaven

Good luck to ZsaZsa from Pucci and me.

When Topaz (my Lhasa Apso) was spayed, the Vet told me she would be groggy the first day (she was), peppier the next day (she was), and back to normal the day after (she was). Absolutely no down time. This was in 1991. She had no limitations put on her whatsoever.

R

rooy

my experience with Jill, one of my beagles from the past, was the same as Shipmaven described. good luck and try not to worry too much.

N

NiteStar

When I had my two Shihzus done, they also had no "down time". Both slept pretty much all day the first day; slept a lot but not all day the second day, and by the third day, you would have never known they had surgery! Of course both mine area boys, so maybe it's different with girls.

W

Whimsy

Thank you everyone. I just got back from dropping her off at the vets. Sure is quiet here in the house.

R

r8derfan

Please keep us posted on how she is doing when you get her back home. Get her a new toy. :)

W

Whimsy

I called the office this afternoon and Zsa Zsa is doing well. They said she was even standing already. DD took her stuffed baby she likes to sleep with to the vet's office because I forgot it but she didn't get to see her. Guess the vet's office doesn't have visiting hours.

She is getting a new pillow for her crate for her post surgical recovery. And some special chewys. She loves her chewys!

B

BostonsJ

Pheobe and Woobie both came home with the lamp shade thingee on their heads. It just doesn't work with a small dog. I went to walmart and bought a couple of baby t-shirts. I tied a knot on the top near the tail to keep it form fitting, not tight , but that kept them from licking at and chewing at their stitches and I got rid of the lamp shades.