• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zuiderdam Accessable suite

G

Gramma Ann

Have any of you experienced HAL cruisers ever used or had the opportunity to view either SY5001 or SY5002? These are accessable suites classification SY.

Looking at the deck plans they have a balcony, and another opening of some sort on to the front viewing deck. I would like to know if the extra opening is a window, or a door.

We've never had a suite, nor a cabin on the front. It looks like this would be wonderful for Alaska cruising. We will be trying for Alaska late in 2007, or early 2008, and I'm thinking either of these suites would be nice. Especially if we take MIL along with us.

I wonder how big they are? They look rather large, may be rather large cost too!!

C

Cruzman

I am sure that you are aware that both of those cabins are wheelchair accessible for the disabled; as for the forward opening, I am almost certain that it is a window. If you walk out the cabin door and turn toward the bow of the ship, there is a door that opens onto a public deck area. The only down side to either of those cabins is that the balconies are smaller than other cabins in the same category.

G

Gramma Ann

I forgot to say, Oscar is a power chair. He used to use crutches, but now can't walk at all. The choices for a wheelchair accessable cabin is pretty limited. It's also best to book very early, or the choices get even smaller.

Thanks for the info. It seems there is a tub in the bath, and we have to have a roll-in shower.

We keep looking though. Not going untill 2007 anyway.

S

ShipMaven

Gramma Ann,

Be aware that these are "SS" suites, not full suites with all the amentities of Neptune Lounge, free pressing/dry cleaning/laundry, etc.

If you want a full suite with those amenities, then go for S6156 or S6157 that have large verandahs facing aft. They would also give you splendid views for Alaska cruising.

Any of these cabins are at a premium, so make up your minds early!

Happy cruising.

G

Gramma Ann

Hi Maven, We willl not be going until 2007, and they are not out yet for booking, at least that's what I've heard.

We don't care about the "" true suites"" , just a useable room ( turning radius, no lip bath, roll-in shower). We do want a balcony, so we were looking at different cabins.

I do like the ones at the back, havn't asked if they have a roll-in shower or not. I'll send a message to ask.

Thanks for the help.

S

ShipMaven

Hi Gramma Ann - it's true that Alaska 2007 isn't open for booking yet, but if you can, be ready to pounce when the books DO open.

The SS suites are midway in size between regular balcony cabins and the full suites - they are quite spacious so that you would not be cramped should you decide on one of them.