• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zuiderdam cabin amenities and other questions

G

Gayle V

Just wondering about a few things. We are booked in a VD catagory cabin for our February cruise on the Zuiderdam.

Should we expect to find robes in the cabin?
How about a fridge for my hubby's medicine?
I heard something about the Zuiderdam having some sprucing up done soon, when is that supposed to be? What all are they likely to fix up ?

D

DonBoston99

Yes to Robes
Yes to small refrig ( mostly with booze for sale ) but can squeeze in medication.
Don't know schedule for sprucing up !!
Sailed ship past April and loved it !!

J

Joanandjoe

If there's a typical HAL "No Host Mini-Bar", what you have is a fridge loaded with bottles of booze and water and cans of soda, all for sale (as noted by Don). If you have no intention of buying anything (we never do!), you can ask your steward to clean it out, leaving you plenty of room for your DH's medicine.

E

egee

We were on Zuiderdam Thanksgiving week. Crew is excited about 10 days off in Norfolk while major drydock spruce up renovations occur...will be done in time for Christmas cruise. Will include final "signature of excellence" additions including new bedding with duvets, total recarpeting and some other public area renovations. Also they have to work on engines to qualify ship for Alaska pollution control requirements since ship is leaving Caribbean this summer for the first time since it was initially put into service.

L

losey

Hope you enjoyed the Zuiderdam. They are supposed to be selling my ship simulator software, Cruise Ship Captain, in the ship's stores. It is probaably in the liquor store. I wonder if you noticed it since I am curious as to how they are displaying it.
Mahalo
George Losey

L

losey

Hope you enjoyed the Zuiderdam. They are supposed to be selling my ship simulator software, Cruise Ship Captain, in the ship's stores. It is probaably in the liquor store. I wonder if you noticed it since I am curious as to how they are displaying it.
Mahalo
George Losey

G

Gayle V

Hello George,

So sorry to say I didn't notice if it was there or not. When I get a chance I'll ask hubby if he noticed it, and let you know.