• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zuiderdam cutting port hours confirmed

A

anthonygreene

Zuiderdam is cutting their in-port time by one hour,I htink this is a good idea since their have been so many complaints about the vibration issues in the aft of the ship.I will be sailing with her on June 28th,2003 will keep us all posted.I will be checking e-mails from the Z during the week so any questions from you cruise addicts shoot away !!!

S

sail7seas

Have a great time on Zuiderdam. She's a great ship. We had two terrific cruises on her in April and are returning in August for another set of back-to-backs.

We never experienced any excessive vibration aboard....and after the reports of some people, I was looking for it. We had very smooth sailing.

L

Lady Jag

Too bad about the port times being cut. I hope it doesn't affect people's already planned shore excursions. You'd think they'd get the ship into dry dock and correct the problem soon. This is just putting a band aid on the problem. I'm sure you'll have a good time though! :)

S

sail7seas

FYI....she has her regularly scheduled drydock in December. Doesn't phase me in the least either way. She is a great ship I spent two weeks aboard her....
Seems to be it is hard to have any valid opinion if you have not personally been there.

C

Cruzin

Sail,

Request table 222, 220, or 219 and let's see if you have the same opinion when you return. I think your opinion from the dinning perspective would be quite different.

:cheers
Sue

S

sail7seas

It seems as though there has been much "ado" about three tables on an entire ship.
Sorry you didn't like your location but it seems as though this horse has been beaten quite excessively over THREE tables. That dining room seats 1900+ people.

C

Cruzin

And it will continue to be a topic of discussion until the problem is fixed. It is a problem HAL is aware of and is finally attempting to put a band aid on it.

Sail, it is far more reaching than tree tables. These were just a few off the top of my head. I am not the only one that has had this experience and there are recent posts from those who got off Sat. stating the same problems exist. Those who have had the unfortunate experience are quite tired of those who have not stating they are simply complainers, naysayers, oscar the groughes, etc. Don't speak in those terms unless you personally know the person involved. Try seeing it from the point of view of the person seeking a wonderful cruise and didn't quite get that. Let's face it, the dinning experience is one thing most people look forward to and it is a large part of the cruise experience. Imagine dreading going to dinner each night because you can't hear yourself think. It would and has but a damper on many passengers cruise. Enough said.................you have been one of the more understanding but have also chimed in that people are just nit picking for the sake of it.

Sue

S

sail7seas

Have you received a response to your letter to HAL yet? Did they offer something that satisfies you?

Post Edited (06-15-03 19:46)

C

Cruzin

Have not heard and am not looking for something other than a good explaination of the problem and what they intend to do to alleviate the problem for others until it goes into dry dock. I'll let you know IF I hear from them.

Sue

T

tbill60

Hi, We are sailing on the Zuiderdam on Nov 1st and are really looking forward to it. We have requested a table on the second level of the dining room as a result of the things we have been reading. I have a question though, how will cutting port time effect the vibration of the ship? We were on the Celebrity Century and the dining room is all the way aft of the ship and that dining room vibrated so much that everything on the table was shaking. We just dealt with it, there is really nothing they could do to change it and by the end of the week everyone was joking about it. When you go on vacation we find it is better to just roll with it. Stressing is for work not vacation.

A

anthonygreene

It has to do with the speed of the ship between ports.The slower the ship the less vibration.My family and I are sailing this month in 10 days on the 28th and will litterally review this problem first hand!I even have recorded exact table #s from posters that say it was their worst experience ever and that the Z is a horrible idea by HAL!Well I can promise you that when I return the cruise world will know first hand what this brand new lady is all about.Maybe then the bashing will stop.That one is for you Joel Miller and Family.
Anthony