Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam Delivered

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by sail7seas, Nov 16, 2002.

1. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Happy news for HAL....Mickey Arison accepted delivery of Zuiderdam today at Fincantieri Boat Yard outside of Venice.

Wishing her many years of happy landings.....good luck to her and all who sail upon her.

With the bad luck HAL has had this week, glad they have happy news that Zuiderdam was completed and delivered on time. :)

2. hstrybuf

hstrybuf Guest

:thumb Good news for a change!

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

Looking forward to hearing all about this exciting new class of ship as @ddicts start cruising on her.

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We wont' be on her until April.....but have already booked to return in August. How's that for confidence in HAL?

5. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Sail7, You'd be #1 on my list.

6. MissyLou

MissyLou Guest

We are so anxious to see the Zuiderdam. I think it is going to be super. And Sail7Seas I know you have a lot of confidence in HAL but the Maasdam is really going to miss you if you don't have any plans to sail on her in 2003.

7. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

That is so funny, MaryLou.....sent several e-mails to friends on Maasdam "apologizing" for booking Zuiderdam :lol My "out" was that most of them will be off the ship and home for the holidays (we'll be on Amsterdam).....and we don't wish to cruise Alaska next summer. Can't believe they're actually moving Maasdam there without consulting us first :lol We'll probably try to squeeze in at least a quickie seven dayer before they reposition.

John....lol :) I'm sure it shocked you to hear we were booked on hZuiderdam. I wouldn't do the Inaugural though. I have this thing about wanting to be sure the plumbing etc works. Let them get the "kinks" out before we board.

8. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Interested to hear what you think of the ship. Only problem is, how many times do you have to cruise on it before you are really comfortable making a comparison with the others you have been on many times. I've only been on the Statendam class ships and am planning for another HAL trip so it will be interesting. Almost like when car manufacturers retool an old favorite and its different than what we're used to.

9. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I know what you mean, John. Can't say it would have been our choice to start adding 80,000 tonners to the fleet. I like the 50-60,000 range. When our friend was describing her from the boatyard....my reaction was "Yea, sounds nice....but can you chop off about 20,000 ton?"

We actually booked four cruises on Zuiderdam (two sets of back-to-backs) in order to give her a chance!!!! ONLY because our friend who is a very senior officer will be aboard ....did we decide to "defect"! Just found out another really good friend just got the nod he is going there, too....after the Inaugurals.

We are so incredibly comfortable with the "S" class and the newer ships (that have the same layout), we'll feel like real "newbies"! :lol He knows us and our taste well and he has pointed out what he thinks we will really like about "Z"...he's also hinted at a few things we "might have to adjust to". :( We shall see and I'm sure I shall be my usual wordy self with loads of descriptions and comments. :)

10. Yeah!! Can't wait for our July cruise on her! I'll be expecting lots of details from all of you that sail her before us! :wave

11. Tkt2cruz

Tkt2cruz Guest

I'm on her Dec. 5-8 for a 3-day cruise to nowhere......we will stop at the private island, though. Can't wait!
    Deb