Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam delivered

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by sail7seas, Nov 16, 2002.

1. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Mickey Arison accepted delivery of Zuiderdam today at Fincantieri Boat Yard outside of Venice today.

Wishing her years of happy landings and good luck for her and all who sail upon her.

2. SueSeaQ

SueSeaQ Guest

Thank you for the news. Looks like we'll be sailing as scheduled on Dec.14.
    Can't wait!
    Sue

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

SueSeaQ....hope you will come back and share your impressions with us. Hope you love her and have a great time.

4. SueClark

SueClark Guest

I was glad to get the email on Zuiderdam this morning. It will be good to get some actual pictures of her - especially her interior. I hope HAL puts the Media Kit up soon! I'm anxious to hear reports of the first few sailings because we are booked on Feb. 1.

By coincidence my favorite Celebrity ship, Millennium, came out of dry dock today with a new paint job that really looks great. I have to wait until April to sail her.

Sue

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

SueClark....jeepers....we are booked for four cruises on Zuiderdam (two back-to-backs) and HAL didn't send us the e-mail. :( Probably figured they've already sold to us so why bother :?

Would you mind forwarding me a copy of the e-mail you received? I'd like to see it. Thanks if you can do that.

6. SueClark

SueClark Guest

Sail7 - The email wasn't from HAL. It was from a newsgroup I subscribe to. I delete them after reading. sorry.

Sue

PS - If anyone should get emails from HAL it should be you!! I imagine you get them from people onboard the Maasdam to keep you updated!!

7. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Actually, Sue, I do e-mail with friends on Maasdam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam....and now Zuiderdam, as we know a number of our friends are/will soon be aboard her.!!! :) It was an e-mail from a "Zuiderdam friend" who confirmed to us the ship had been delivered.

I'll just have to get us a friend in Seattle :)