Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam Fitness Center

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Bob&Lisa, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Bob&Lisa

Bob&Lisa Guest

Hi, does anyone have any info. on the fitness center? With all of the fabulous menu offerings on the ship, it will be necessary for us to burn calories to make room for more. For those of you responding, we would like to know things like, size? lots of machines? long waiting period during non-peak times?

We appreciate any and all responses! Btw, I want you guys and gals to know that as we're typing this, we're looking out the window at falling SNOW (New England)...looking at a possible foot or more..UGH! Forty-eight days and counting.

Thanks

B&L

2. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

The "Z" has a very comprehensive gym with lots of state of the art equipment. I had no problem with having to wait to use the equipment. If the machine I wished to use was being used by someone else, I would postpone that set and go to another machine, returning later to the one I missed. There are also trainers available if you wish to use them.

3. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

The Zuiderdam has a great fitness center. I've found that (usually) on HAL there is not a lot of waiting for the exuipment. Since the majority of the crusiers are a bit older, physical activity is not that high on the interest meter. Don't get me wrong, there are some who work-out regularly and could kick my fanny with both hands tied behind their back; but, by and large the gym will not be too crowded. I'm planning on hitting right after breakfast, unless we're doing a morning shore excursion. Between the gym and taking the stairs, I usually manage not to pack on too much weight!

4. DonBoston

DonBoston Guest

Just off the Zuiderdam this past Saturday. Boat was full !! No problem getting a machine. I never saw Gym very busy. I was slightly disapointed in the variety of equipment but the gym was not crowded. Treadmills and Bikes were plentiful. Glad to answer any further questions you might have.