Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

zuiderdam laundry

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by cruisernh, Dec 31, 2002.

1. cruisernh

cruisernh Guest

From what I can see thier are self-serve laundries on board. Anyone know where they are located don't want to be near them. we are booked in a BB and are really thinking of upgrading after reading all the posts.
    thanks

2. Thulewx

Thulewx Guest

Everything I've read from the past 2 weeks indicates that there are NOT any self-serve laundries on board... where did you see to the contrary?

3. cruisernh

cruisernh Guest

it was on cruise411.com
    Ship Facilities:
    Atrium
    Barber Shop/Beauty Salon
    Concierge
    Cruise Office
    Daily News Updates
    Elevator(s)
    Fax
    Laundry
    Library/Card Room
    Lounge
    Observation Lounge
    Open Bridge
    Photo Gallery/Shop
    Reception Desk
    Sauna/Massage
    Sauna/Steam Room(s)
    Self Service Laundry
    Ship-To-Shore Phones
    Shore Excursion Office
    Solarium
    Stabilizers
    Sun Deck
    Theater
    Video Arcade

4. Thulewx

Thulewx Guest

I wouldn't put too much trust in their stuff. They also had cabin dinemsions posted, before HAL had published them and they were way off. They just take stuff from the last HAL ship they did, and cut-n-paste...

5. Donna55

Donna55 Guest

Checked with HAL and they do not have self service laundries on "The Zuiderdam".

6. cruzman

cruzman Guest

One more bag to tote for carrying the dirty laundry home. Go figure.

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I sailed on Zuiderdam - NO self-service laundries.

A number of so-called knowledgeable cruise info sites have incorrect or outdated data on them.

8. Donna55

Donna55 Guest

Did you like the ship? We are sailing on January 4.

Donna

9. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Donna,

Zuiderdam is a departure in design from the Statendam-class ships, as well as Rotterdam/Amsterdam and Volendam/Zaandam. She does not have as much of the art work that we are accustomed to seeing aboard the rest of the fleet, but she does indeed have some interesting pieces (for example, a beautiful Waterford crystal seahorse adorning the Atrium). I would say that her decor is more "upbeat" - geared very much towards attracting families and a younger clientele in the Caribbean.

Cabins are nice - there IS a lack of drawer space, but you'll find shelves to compensate in the closets. Plenty of good-sized balconies - ideal for Caribbean ~~~~~~~~.

Food and service were fine.

Bon Voyage - enjoy your cruise!

10. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Cruisernh - Just upgrade to a suite and all your laundry and dry cleaning will be done for free! :grin

11. jziegler

jziegler Guest

Just came back, no laundry facilities, no iron's to be had anywhere.... We hung our clothes in the bathroom with the shower on to steamed the wrinkles out.

12. cruisernh

cruisernh Guest

guess what I did I haven't told hubby yet but he'll be impressed I figure for the price it will be worth it all the perks and now I don't have to take the tux to the cleaners.

so why are you called lady jag do you have a jag?

13. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

No, but had one on order. Cancelled the order after it came in and I test drove it. Opted for a Lincoln LS instead (built on the Jag chassis). The name came from a friend that said I drive like Lady Something-or-other (couldn't remember her name) who raced Jags in Monte Carlo. The name "Lady Jag" came out of that and seemed to fit. :)