• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

zuiderdam laundry

C

cruisernh

From what I can see thier are self-serve laundries on board. Anyone know where they are located don't want to be near them. we are booked in a BB and are really thinking of upgrading after reading all the posts.
thanks

T

Thulewx

Everything I've read from the past 2 weeks indicates that there are NOT any self-serve laundries on board... where did you see to the contrary?

C

cruisernh

it was on cruise411.com
Ship Facilities:
Atrium
Barber Shop/Beauty Salon
Concierge
Cruise Office
Daily News Updates
Elevator(s)
Fax
Laundry
Library/Card Room
Lounge
Observation Lounge
Open Bridge
Photo Gallery/Shop
Reception Desk
Sauna/Massage
Sauna/Steam Room(s)
Self Service Laundry
Ship-To-Shore Phones
Shore Excursion Office
Solarium
Stabilizers
Sun Deck
Theater
Video Arcade

T

Thulewx

I wouldn't put too much trust in their stuff. They also had cabin dinemsions posted, before HAL had published them and they were way off. They just take stuff from the last HAL ship they did, and cut-n-paste...

S

ShipMaven

I sailed on Zuiderdam - NO self-service laundries.

A number of so-called knowledgeable cruise info sites have incorrect or outdated data on them.

S

ShipMaven

Donna,

Zuiderdam is a departure in design from the Statendam-class ships, as well as Rotterdam/Amsterdam and Volendam/Zaandam. She does not have as much of the art work that we are accustomed to seeing aboard the rest of the fleet, but she does indeed have some interesting pieces (for example, a beautiful Waterford crystal seahorse adorning the Atrium). I would say that her decor is more "upbeat" - geared very much towards attracting families and a younger clientele in the Caribbean.

Cabins are nice - there IS a lack of drawer space, but you'll find shelves to compensate in the closets. Plenty of good-sized balconies - ideal for Caribbean ~~~~~~~~.

Food and service were fine.

Bon Voyage - enjoy your cruise!

L

Lady Jag

Cruisernh - Just upgrade to a suite and all your laundry and dry cleaning will be done for free! :grin

J

jziegler

Just came back, no laundry facilities, no iron's to be had anywhere.... We hung our clothes in the bathroom with the shower on to steamed the wrinkles out.

C

cruisernh

guess what I did I haven't told hubby yet but he'll be impressed I figure for the price it will be worth it all the perks and now I don't have to take the tux to the cleaners.

so why are you called lady jag do you have a jag?

L

Lady Jag

No, but had one on order. Cancelled the order after it came in and I test drove it. Opted for a Lincoln LS instead (built on the Jag chassis). The name came from a friend that said I drive like Lady Something-or-other (couldn't remember her name) who raced Jags in Monte Carlo. The name "Lady Jag" came out of that and seemed to fit. :)