Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam - Need help with room

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Mark Ericksen, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Hi everyone, my wife and I are planning a cruise on the HAL Zuiderdam in March 2003. We wanted a room with a veranda, and when I started to check on availability I found that rooms are becomming scarce.

I reserved room 5047 on the Veranda Deck. It is a class B room. The thing that I am a bit concerned about is that it is quite near the elevators, and that may cause a lot of excessive noise.

Could anyone comment on my concern? Thanks for the help.

2. John

John Guest

I can't comment on the ship itself but, I have had cabins near the elevators before and I have not had a problem with noise. It actually was so convienent. When the steps and elevator bank is only a few steps away... Its so easy to run out and walk somewhere or jump on an elevator. So I would be for it... Most cabins are very soundproof now on the new ships. I can't recall hearing any noises from any other cabins on my recent cruises.

3. cruzman

cruzman Guest

Don't think you will be disturbed by any elevator noise. Go for it!

4. ashuma

ashuma Guest

Just got off the Amsterdam in a Penthouse by an elevator and heard no noise from the elevator at all.