• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zuiderdam - no irons in laundry rooms?

C

CruznBooz

We're sailing on the Zuiderdam on November 18 (woo-hoo!!!) and I read that there are no irons in the laundry rooms. Other than paying to have things ironed (I don't think so!), does anyone have any thoughts? I will bring a travel iron, but just wondered if there were any "tricks of the trade" that someone might share.

Thank you!

S

ShipMaven

Unless they've recently been added to the Vista ships, there are no self-service laundries on them. And items such as irons are prohibited in cabins.

S

sail7seas

It really is very unsafe and expressly forbidden on all ships/all cruise lines to have an iron in your cabin.

Zuiderdam is a Vista Class ship and none of that class of ships have laundry rooms.

The cost of having a few things sent out for pressing is very moderate.
You're on vacation; let someone else do the ironing for you. It really will not add much to the price of your vacation.

If you pack carefully, you probably wouldn't need to send much out anyway.
Pack dresses/blouses/shirts/suits on hangers like come from the dry cleaner. Leave the dry cleaning bags over the garments when you pack. The air that is trapped by the bags limits wrinkling so most garments come out of the suitcase just fine.

C

Calgon1

You can have an entire bag of laundry done for $12. Granted it's a fairly small bag, but you'll be surprised how much you can cram in. Or, opt for the unlimited laundry service for the week - $35 (about what you'll spend for a week's worth of McDonald's visits ...)

Plus, I really like the Zuiderdam. I'd really hate to think you were responsible for causing a fire on board ...

C

CruznBooz

You and me both, Calgon! I'd never hurt any of my 'dam' ships! Good to know about the $12 and as Jeweler said, I'm on vacation - who cares?!?!? I never much liked ironing anyway!

Only ten days to Zuiderdam - woo hoo!!!

Thanks, everyone!

S

sail7seas

How do I get John to dump that Jeweler business? I really dislike that title sitting under my posting name.

I know this is his sand box and he can do whatever he likes.....But ..........