Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam Photo Gallery Posted

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Cruzman, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

For those who may be interested. I have included some good shots of the aft balconies, including our cabin # 8135. Incidentally, I tape measured the balcony. It measured 22 feet by 11 feet across the back, 19 feet by 6 feet down the side. It is also completely covered by the Lido Deck overhang.

2. Spender Nui

Spender Nui Guest

Going to look at the photos now ... but how was the noise from above ?

3. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

The only time I heard any noise from the Lido Deck above was a few mornings between 6:30 and 7:00 one could hear the sound of deck chairs (possibly) being moved around.

4. Cruzman
    I do not understand your measurements, for a floor or balcony you most of the time have only 2 measurements length and width, you gave four I think? maybe it gets wider as you get away form the door???

Barry

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I'm not Cruz,an, but perhaps the reason for four measurements is because this aft cabin may have a stern area of veranda as well as a starboard side....a wraparound I think is what they call it?

6. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

Yep, the first measurement is across the back, or aft. The second is the measurement down the side. The total square footage of the balcony is 346 Square feet. Believe me, one could have quite a party out there. I just enjoyed the wonderful privacy and solitude of all of that space. The cabin itself is slightly smaller than other "S" suites, but I found the tradeoff to be more than acceptable.

7. mcgmari

mcgmari Guest

Hi Cruzman....can you tell me how to get to your photos regarding your Zuiderdam cabin?

I am booking one on the late Feb sailing and would like to know if you get sun on the balcony on the Navigator Deck...aft balcony cabin. Would appreciate any input...thanks.

My email is mcgmari@yahoo.com...you could reply there.

8. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

Here's the link <http://www.cruise-addicts.com/gallery/index.php> My gallery is listed on page #9. Enjoy!

9. SueClark

SueClark Guest

mcgmari - All of the cabins/suites on the stern have uncovered balconies EXCEPT those on deck 8. Be aware that the S suites on deck 8 are very much smaller than other S suites.

Sue

10. Digby

Digby Guest

I understand that the aft S suites inside are smaller than the other S suites on the sides of the ship. Did you find the cabin cramped. We have a corner aft S cabin on the new Westerdam Vista class ship on the deck below your deck (Rotterdam- 7132). Is there any coverage of our verandah by your deck or is it fully exposed to the sun? I assume you like having the verandah covered. Any thoughts? Thanks

11. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

Digby, You can see a good photo of your balcony if you visit my photo gallery at <http://www.cruise-addicts.com/gallery/index.php> The gallery is on page 9 labled Zuiderdam, May2003. Of course, only the aft portion of the balcony is visible and is the part that is totally exposed to the sun. The side portion of the balcony is totally covered and measures apx. 6' by 19'. Hope this helps!