Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam Question

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Knoxcock, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Knoxcock

Knoxcock Guest

We are planning our 25th anniversary cruise this October and are considering the Zuiderdam. We have cruised with HAL on two previous cruises and have a mixed impression. The Westerdam in 2000 was wonderful and we had the time of our life. Everything was perfect. In 2003, we sailed the Zaandam hoping for the same experience and were somewhat disappointed. There was not the first hint of Carribean music the entire week on an EASTERN CARRIBEAN cruise and the cruise director, though very nice, was lacking. I do not consider myself a party animal, but I do like to enjoy steel drum band music on deck at the sail away party...not Chatanooga Choo Choo. Does anyone know what I can expect on the Zuiderdam...do they typically have a steel drum band?

2. tw1nk1es

tw1nk1es Guest

There was a steel band at sailaway last summer. It was by the Lido pool. There was other entertainment at the aft pool. Perhaps someone will have more recent information.

3. deirdre

deirdre Guest

hi...I just sailed on the Zuiderdam on February 26th...I have a lot to say....don't book before you talk to me!
    You can email me @ wildescapade27@yahoo.com
    I also have a mixed review but more bad than good.....

4. Gayle V

Gayle V Guest

Hello Deirdre, Have you posted a review of your Zuiderdam experience? I'd be interested in reading it. The Zuiderdam is one of the ships being considered for the ladies only cruise.

5. deirdre

deirdre Guest

I have not but I will....