• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zuiderdam Review Posted

C

Cruzman

For those with an interest, enjoy! You may note some contrast with another review of this sailing already posted. Any questions, do not hesitate to send me an email.

T

thulewx

FINALLY, someone else who went on the same Zuiderdam as me (& Sail7Seas) !!
Well done.
Did you, by any chance, go into the Piano Bar? If so, who was playing? (Usually pretty late at night - when I was there, it was Matt Newbold).

C

Cruzman

I'm sorry to say that I never visited the piano bar except just to get a look during the day. We had every intention of spending some time there, but somehow we just never made it.

S

sail7seas

Cruzaman. I so enjoyed reading your review and thank you for posting it. We had a fabulous time on Zuiderdam and am very happy you did as well. When I read some of the comments others make, I , like,Thulewx, am amazed. Yes...I know we all experience the same cruise on the same ship at the same time in a different way, but ....... All I know is we are very eager to return to Zuiderdam in August.

Also.....VERY happy to hear that Chef Franz is keeping up the high dining standards set by Chef Mike.

I smiled when you referred to Concierge Lammy. We have known her for years as she used to be a Hostess aboard the ships. When HAL eliminated the position, she was front office manager (or something like that) for a while and am very happy to hear she is now Concierge. IMO, well suited for the position as she is very experienced and a lovely lady.

We met up with her very by accident upon our return from Zuiderdam. The morning we disembarked, we grabbed a taxi to Hyatt Pier 66 where we were doing a post-cruise stay. As my husband was tending to the luggage with the bellhops, I entered the lobby and heard my name called. I turned to look and she was standing there with her huge, beautiful.smile. She was on her way to board Zuiderdam as she had just left....oh, I forget now which ship. She joined us for a cup of coffee and a nice chat and then she was off to Zuiderdam. Delighted she was a help to you....and hope she will still be there when we go in August.

Thanks again for posting your great review.

C

Cruzin

It is obvious by your comments that I am dealing with a HAL elitist.

Let’s face it, everyone has a preference to a particular line or type of ship and not everyone is going to have the same experience on the same ship. To adamantly insist that just because your experience was far different than mine and that it is a mere perception that I felt vibrations is so ludicrous that you show your own ignorance.

Why is it that if anyone has a bad experience on HAL then it is that person with the problem and certainly not HAL? If you feel that every person who has commented on the vibration problem on the Zuiderdam since Dec. merely perceives it then maybe you perceive HAL to be something that it is not.

To those of you who choose to read his review I offer you this suggestion. Read his review and remember you are reading a review that is completely biased and written by a person with a dark pair of blinders on.

In closing, I wasn’t going to even bother reading your review but now I am glad that I did because even if you had been seated at our table I am convinced you wouldn’t have known if what you were feeling was the vibration from the ship or that of your tractor!

C

Cruzin

Sail,

Yes we were! Apparently what I experienced is of no consequence to him nor is it reality.

Sue

G

Glam

Cruzin, I don't want to get into the middle of this BUT, Cruzman does not seem to me to be a HAL elitist, did you read in the review that he has been on Hal 4 out of 13 cruises? He also complained about the embarkation, which doesn't seem to me to be all for HAL or nothing. Point in fairness, he relates HIS experience, he does not deny yours. You had a bad time there, fair enuf, we all believe you, but to say someone is telling less than their truth is not right.

I also seem to have seen this vehement argument on another board...hmmm...not saying it is not a legit complaint but why are you so vociferous? If it is to warn others, we stand so warned. I am sorry you had such a dreadful time of it, but for the sake of peace please be fair and not stoop to name-calling.

L

Lady Jag

Not wanting to get in the middle of this either, but it seems that people DO have different experiences and to discount another's experience is totally wrong. No two people can possibly have the same experience on a ship. They each bring to the cruise their own perceptions, biases and desires. Some people slant toward one line and some toward another. I think the point is that we should take that into consideration when reading ANY review. :)

C

Cruzin

Glam,

The point is he has all but called me a liar because my experience was FAR different from his and it is only his experience that is reality in his eyes.

He writes, "Since I was on that same sailing, early seating table 156, lower level in the aft portion of the dining room, I can say for sure that no one at our table or any adjacent tables complained about the problem you have addressed. I guess this is simply a case of perception being reality. Should HAL warn people about such perceptions? I don't think so."

In a private e-mail he also informed me that any information I was given by the Guest Relations Manager, Marion Koopman and Captain Jack was simply a brush off to get me out of their office. He further stated I was just another one of those people looking for a complaint where there wasn't any.

My point, his ignorance to label me as a complainer and deny my situation as something that did not occur simply because he didn't have the same experience.

No name calling here...........but if you dare to question my integrity and call me a liar then I will stand up for what is right. I thought the reason we had these boards were so that each and everyone of us could post our experiences on each ship so that others could make and informed decision. To question the legitimacy of someones experience simply because THEY didn't experience it is not what these boards are all about.

G

Glam

I understand your frustration Sue, but more than you have complained about the vibration, so you have no need to worry about others not taking you at your word, maybe you both suffer from the feeling that what you feel, is in question. So sorry you had this terrible experience and I am glad you are letting others know. I just think your anger at his denial of suffering from the problem got the best of you in the heat of the frustration. Cheers and may you have a better cruise next time! :)