Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam reviews

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by TADick, Oct 21, 2003.

1. TADick

TADick Guest

anybody read the 2 reviews that came out recently? They seem to both have nearly the same positives and negatives...both had to have their cabins moved from the aft........hummmmmmm

2. MzLuLu

MzLuLu Guest

I just read the two of them and was thinking the same thing. MMMMMM

3. bikevegas

bikevegas Guest

I was thinking---stay off this ship!:AL:USA

4. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Boy, I've heard those sentiments a lot over the past few months. Maybe that's why the prices are so incredibly low?

5. OpusX

OpusX Guest

Then there is another review, same ship same dates and everything was great. Whats up with this? How can reviews be the completly different for the same ship on the same date?

6. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

What comes to mind is "different strokes for different folks" or "whatever floats your boat". I've been on cruises that I considered wonderful in every regard but I ran into fellow passengers who complained about everything. Some cabins are better on certain ships, some cabins are not so good. Some people want 500% perfection in the dining room, others are content with 90%. IMHO, it all boils down to the indivduality of each passenger. Again,IMHO, the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam fares are low because they are 7 days (short cruises for HAL) and HAL/Carnival is trying to attract a totally new type clientele to these ships (not the *normal* HAL pax). It all comes down to what you expect from a cruise and what your mindset is going into your cruise experience.

7. lamayboy

lamayboy Guest

I was on in September, and it is a fine vessel. Wonderfully decorated, great staff and the cabins are very large. Would travel on again in a second!

Ecstacy 3/02
    Maasdam 9/02
    NCL Majesty 1/03
    Coral Princess 5/03
    Zuiderdam 9/03
    RCL Majesty 1/04

8. Lisa

Lisa Guest

IMHO, there are certain places on the Zuiderdam that are bad (aft lower level of dining room comes to mind) - and HAL does acknowledge these problems. However, if you have to experience them, they do affect your cruise experience. Those who do not encounter these difficulties, have great cruises, those that do encounter these problems have a rougher time and definitely have a different view of this ship. I feel all opinions are valid - they are these peoples unique experiences and I don't think people who have differing experiences should discount them because they did not experience exactly what those others experienced. (man that was a tongue twister!)

9. runner15km

runner15km Guest

Seems like this ship is in need of drydocking for engine overhaul and plumbing improvements. Reading reviews of the Zuiderdam is like the reviews of the S/S Norway where you either love her or hate her. Lets hope HAL clears up the issues soon.

10. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

These 2 negative reviews appear to be all too similar. Especially given the third review for the same sailing was quite positive. In any event, if such reviews put downward pressure on pricing, I for one will be the beneficiary. I loved that ship and will be sailing on her again.

11. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We've already been on four cruises on Zuiderdam and I would bound up that gangway in a nano-second to enjoy anouther four cruises on Zuiderdam.

She is a great ship with a fantastic crew.

Never have I ever read so many opinions of a ship by so many folks who have never been on her. Interesting how she has garnered so many recommendations of what she needs and what HAL should do with a gorgeous ship that has been providing fabulous cruises to so many people....by people who have never crossed her gangway.
    (Even better (or worse depending upon how you look at it.....) some of those folks with all of these negative opinions have never even cruised HAL let alone the beautiful, elegant Zuiderdam.

JMHO

Post Edited (10-22-03 09:55)

12. thulewx

thulewx Guest

I agree with S7S - I've been on her for 3 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. These suspiciously similar ranting reviews just don't seem credible to me. IF they're real - goody for them - just means I won't have to meet up with them in the near future!

13. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Hi Phil.....Makes one wonder what "agenda" some folks may have??? :)

I sometimes wonder if they work for Celebrity or RCI......they certainly have no clue what they are talking about IMO

14. runner15km

runner15km Guest

I took a look of all of the reviews and there was a total of 20. The break down is 5 for 5 stars, 5 for 4 stars, 4 for 3 stars, 3 for 2 stars and 1 very unhappy reviewer for 1 star. So the mean average is 3.4 stars. Looks like more +'s than -'s. Sorry if I got to analytical.

15. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

All of the reviews? Where? Just here? Other sites?

16. runner15km

runner15km Guest

The data is from this board only. I did take a peek at another board and the last 5 cruises on the Zuiderdam were all very positive. This makes me feel better because I would like to sail this ship sometime in the future.