Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam - Whch dinner seating?

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by S&M in Pgh, Jun 6, 2005.

1. S&M in Pgh

S&M in Pgh Guest

We have always had an the early seating and have always missed the ship sailing out of port. So this time we picked the later seating, but I believe it is for the Upper level of the dining room. A co-worker was just on the Westerdam and said that on the upper level people walking by would often stop and look in as you were dining.

So folks, which time and which level would you pick?

Mike

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Upper level is the earlier dining hour for each of the two seatings, and this is throughout the fleet.

I, myself, usually pick Main(late)/Upper for myself. I like the convenience of upper level in that I can walk straight forward to other public areas of the ship.

3. redcrown

redcrown Guest

Ship Maven:

I have the latest seating, 8:30, I believe, will I be in the upper?

TIA

4. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

8:30pm is Main/LOWER, not upper, seating, Redcrown.

5. redcrown

redcrown Guest

Ok, thank you.

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

:thumb

7. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We, like ShipMaven, always have Main Upper Seating at 8:00 P.M.

It is true that port side window tables have Promenade Deck outside the window. People outside during dinner will be seen by folks in the dining room. Request a table Starboard Side....you'll be totally unaware of the 'Pedestrians.' :)

8. First time cruisers here, and we are going on HAL to the eastern Carribean next week. We have the early (I think it is 5:45pm?) upper seating. Does anyone recommend a certain area of the dining room? Do you think we will miss the sail away because of our early seating?

Thanks!!!!

9. Andy

Andy Guest

What does MAIN seating CFM mean? I was told we had 8:30 pm seating LOWER level--is this correct?

thanks!

A

10. stevesan

stevesan Guest

Andy Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > What does MAIN seating CFM mean? I was told we had
    > 8:30 pm seating LOWER level--is this correct?
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > A

MAIN is the "late" seating. CFM is confirmed.

11. I have done the early lower and the late upper. I prefer the later main seating because I can relax in the afternoon and not rush to get ready for dinner by 6pm. I tend to be more of a "night" person anyway, so if you like to retire early do the earlier seating.

Zuiderdam October 2004 7 days
    Zuiderdam December 2004 New Year's 9 day
    Zuiderdam September 2005 7 day