Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by sail7seas, Jan 19, 2003.

1. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Just heard from friend on board that the ship was inspected yesterday and scored "97"....Despite a somewhat rocky start, seems they are getting her "shipshape" and she is becoming all that we HAL loyalists expect. Re-enforces my opinion to never sail a brand new ship until she has been in the water a while...especially the first in a new series of ships.

2. thulewx

thulewx Guest

I'd read on another board tht it had been inspected it's first week and had gotten a lower score but I didn't believe it. 97 seems much more reasonable as does the timing.
    Less than a month to go!! Better start my first packing, so that I can have my 4th & 5th re-packing done by the time I leave! ;-)

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I've been checking the CDC site regularly looking for her first inspection and the ship is not even on the list yet. That would indicate that, indeed, yesterday was her first inspection or she would at least be on the CDC list....with or without a score.

4. CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva Guest

S7S, I'm pretty sure that the CDC people are the very first on board when any ship visits a US port for the first time. Before we were allowed to board Wind Surf in FLL last year, we had to wait for the CDC folks to complete their inspection--that was the first time Wind Surf had ported in the US.

I may be wrong, but it's the impression I've gotten from past experience.

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

You are probably right,Diva....but I don't think they do one of those "here's your score" type inspections. I think it is a general safety type thing....conformance with environmental stuff etc