Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Zuiderdam

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by SueClark, Dec 8, 2002.

1. SueClark

SueClark Guest

Has anyone on this board toured or sailed Zuiderdam? Please tell us what you think. There are a few posts on the Cruise Critic HAL board with some photo links but we are all anxious for more!!

Sue

2. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

A poster on another board provided a series of photos...

<http://www.msnusers.com/zuiderdam/shoebox.msnw?Page=1>

I believe these are the ones SueClark above is referring to.

3. SueClark

SueClark Guest

Hi Sail7, Yes that and the one that linked to the pictures of the exterior of the ship. I wasn't sure if I should post a link to someone else's post.

"Divers" photos really don't show much of the ship, mostly pictures of him. But at least we are starting to get a peek at her. I can't wait until more pictures and reviews start coming up.

Sue

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Yes...he did seem to fill each frame with his striped shirt :(

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Someone posted a few photos in the C@ gallery. Go to galleries and scroll to Zuiderdam. I think it is the first or second gallery. I wish they had posted more...but happy for any at all

6. SueClark

SueClark Guest

I just found those a couple hours ago - I think they are a better representation of what the ship will be like. I'm going to reserve judgement until I've actually seen it for myself. I was prepared to NOT like Millennium and I loved her.

Sue

7. SueClark

SueClark Guest

There are a bunch more pictures up on in the photo gallery now. I'm not sure what I think, but it sure looks "retro". With all the pictures of furniture upholstered in leather or ?plastic? it has kind of a hard look. I'm not seeing the elegance I've always associated with the ships.

Sue

8. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Retro is very "in" .....

I LOVE the photos that are posted in the C@ gallery. I think the ship looks elegant, lively, fun, exciting, retro in places...then modern. I think HAL has created a very dramatic departure from what we are accustomed to and to my eyes (judging from the photos).....she seems strikingly beautiful.

How can you tell if the upholstery is leather or vinyl or what from a photo?? I'm not able to do that.

I love the look of the rattan tables and chairs....the Waterford Seahorse in the atrium...
    I can't wait to cruise on her.