NORWEGIAN GETAWAY- FIRST TIMER- EXCURSION, DINING, DRINKS, HINTS AND TIPS QUESTIONS

Greetings,

First time cruiser here. Recent empty nester for wife and I. Always heard about cruising So now is our time to try just wife and I . Have reservation on Norwegian Getaway to Western Caribbean(PORTS: Miami, FloridaCosta Maya, MexicoHarvest Caye, BelizeRoatan, Bay Islands, HondurasCozumel, Mexico) . Have balcony room with booze and fancy danyc 3 day dining package. Previously our family vacation traveling was for me to excruciatingly detail (daily plan) and explore everything at our own pace by car or public transport hiring specifice tour guides for history or highly rated things to do . Soo, cruising is TON different for me giving all this controle to cruise lines.

Questions I have:

1) PORT EXCURSIONS:
a) looking for peoples advice that has done this Norwegian Western Caribbean boat ride already. Looking for what NOT TO MISS at the ports.
b) Are the prearranged NCL tours(or any cruise line for that matter) worth the extra monies when they to do all the work for you?
b.1) OR are there better cheaper excursions at the ports, that you can book ahead.
b.2) If there are any private tours that you have been on suggestions or personal experiences (where to go what to do) would be MOST HELPFUL!
c) Any safety issues at any of the ports specifically? (like hoards of pickpockets or old lady "gold coin" scams that are under eiffel tower in Paris?)
d) Any hints or trick of what we want to bring back OR can NOT bring back on boat like live a live pet iguanas(joking)
e) Any local stores or parts of ports city areas that not to be missed that have great items or souvenirs or FOOD to be tried or purchased to go
f) is it better to just stay on the boat at any of the ports and just get super wasted?

2) NCL GETAWAY DINING:
a) We LOVE to try different and great tasting food! I will travel far, if some tells me this was the best meal they ever had.
a.1) What are the best dining options on the GETAWAY.
a.2) We have 3 specialty dining packages on our 7 day what are the best options? Can I book Cagney's or Sushi restaurant 3 days in a row?
b) Is the Buffet 24x7. if not what are the hours is there a better time during day to go there.
c) I heard room service is FREE for continental breakfast... Then after that it is $15 per order? is this correct? any good food at room service?

3) Drinks:
a) We need drink 2 quarts of water a day, playing on bringing empty plastic 12 oz water bottles is it easy to refill them? Not want to pay NCL for water .
b) With AYCD Liquor package is there a limit ? Can I get Booze anywhere there is a bar? RESTRICTIONS? Any great places that are hidden away?

4) What is the best time to arrive at the Miami cruise terminal? No priority boarding for us first timers Ship lives at 4PM

5) Shows what shows are best to see? (all of them?)
a) How far advance can book dinner and show? Can I overlap dinner reservations and show? or is this like Disney "fast pass "

6) Vibe Beach Club is it worth it for just 2 full days of sailing. $100 for 7 days per person.

7 ) Is there anything that should not be missed on the Getaway (make a effort to do)? Ropes course? water slides? jumping off side? etc...?

8) ANY HITS OR TIPS on what to bring OR HOW to look for other cruise specials $ perks before we sail? We have to pay in full May We sail Sept '18

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN PROVIDE US FIRST TIMERS!

See you on board!

Michael